Welsummers, NHs, RIRs...Chick Pics @ 7 Wks Old (MORE PICS ADDED Below)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Can you believe the comb on the first Wellie boy?? The New Hampshire pullet in the last pic is six weeks old. Are they always this light colored at this age? She's a hatchery baby.
DCP_0419.jpg

DCP_0421.jpg

DCP_0415.jpg

DCP_0424.jpg

DCP_0416.jpg

DCP_0423.jpg

DCP_0422.jpg

Last edited:
I didnt have a NH that light with some white tips on the feathers....sex link????????

Beautiful Wellies! Now if you can ship that roo to me I would be happy to use him for stud services on my two Wellies this fall until spring where he will have a happy farm to stay for the summer.

Your area looks so cool, must have alot of trees all around you!

Wow, Cyn! Your Wellie boy is going to be a beauty!!! He may even give my Rudy a run for the "handsome" money!

One of my NH Reds is as light as yours and the other is slightly darker (they're about the same age). Mine are both hatchery birds as well.

Lori

I bought three NHs at the feedstore, sexed pullets. One is for a customer who is buying a Welsummer pullet and the other two, I'm not sure I'll keep. We'll see. One is getting more of a comb, so I'm hoping that isn't another Ideal sexing mistake. They are getting the black in their tails right now.
Robin I do have alot of trees. This homestead is just carved out of the woods, basically. Sometimes they are a curse when the pens wont dry out for a long time, then they are a real blessing in the summer heat.

Here are more pics from later today. I like the one of the RIR cockerel, who BTW is for sale in BST along with the Welsummer and Buff Orp boys. That New Hampshire in the pic is one of my sexed pullets-did Ideal screw up again?
DCP_0437.jpg

DCP_0442.jpg

DCP_0431.jpg

DCP_0432.jpg

DCP_0444.jpg

DCP_0436margaret.jpg

DCP_0440.jpg

Last edited:
Cynthia, My NH pullet looked like that. I have read that most hatcheries breed NH for egg production and not looks so she may just be poor quality in the color dpt or Sex link is always possible.

Back
Top Bottom