Welsummers, NHs, RIRs...Chick Pics @ 7 Wks Old (MORE PICS ADDED Below)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Jun 14, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Can you believe the comb on the first Wellie boy?? The New Hampshire pullet in the last pic is six weeks old. Are they always this light colored at this age? She's a hatchery baby.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I didnt have a NH that light with some white tips on the feathers....sex link????????

Beautiful Wellies! Now if you can ship that roo to me I would be happy to use him for stud services on my two Wellies this fall until spring where he will have a happy farm to stay for the summer.

Your area looks so cool, must have alot of trees all around you!

3. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, Cyn! Your Wellie boy is going to be a beauty!!! He may even give my Rudy a run for the "handsome" money!

One of my NH Reds is as light as yours and the other is slightly darker (they're about the same age). Mine are both hatchery birds as well.

Lori

4. speckledhen

I bought three NHs at the feedstore, sexed pullets. One is for a customer who is buying a Welsummer pullet and the other two, I'm not sure I'll keep. We'll see. One is getting more of a comb, so I'm hoping that isn't another Ideal sexing mistake. They are getting the black in their tails right now.
    Robin I do have alot of trees. This homestead is just carved out of the woods, basically. Sometimes they are a curse when the pens wont dry out for a long time, then they are a real blessing in the summer heat.

5. speckledhen

Here are more pics from later today. I like the one of the RIR cockerel, who BTW is for sale in BST along with the Welsummer and Buff Orp boys. That New Hampshire in the pic is one of my sexed pullets-did Ideal screw up again?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  6. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Cynthia, My NH pullet looked like that. I have read that most hatcheries breed NH for egg production and not looks so she may just be poor quality in the color dpt or Sex link is always possible.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by