Welsummers?

SunsetValleyAcres

In the Brooder
Jul 11, 2021
TN
I just purchased some lovely welsummer pullets today, and two of them are a bit different.. I’m still learning and I’m not sure if they may be the silver duckwing variety? Or what say you? I can try to get better pics tomorrow, they were a bit skittish in their new home.
You can see in the picture, the one on the bottom perch and the third from the top left.. they both also have more comb/wattle growth. Maybe they are closer to point of lay 🤷🏻‍♀️
(They are June hatches)
***edited to clarify, I’m curious why 2 are different coloring than the others.. 5 look “typical” welsummer (maybe it’s “partridge”?) Could those 2 be silver duckwing colored?

Attachments

• B5AF2B96-773D-4380-AA37-9642BC3CDC0C.jpeg
    B5AF2B96-773D-4380-AA37-9642BC3CDC0C.jpeg
    570.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Little Baby Bean

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
Jul 14, 2021
The Upside Down
I just purchased some lovely welsummer pullets today, and two of them are a bit different.. I’m still learning and I’m not sure if they may be the silver duckwing variety? Or what say you? I can try to get better pics tomorrow, they were a bit skittish in their new home.
You can see in the picture, the one on the bottom perch and the third from the top left.. they both also have more comb/wattle growth. Maybe they are closer to point of lay 🤷🏻‍♀️
(They are June hatches)
All pullets. They look to be around POL.

SunsetValleyAcres

In the Brooder
Jul 11, 2021
TN
Yes I agree, I wasn’t questioning if they were pullets but more their coloring.. sorry if I wasn’t clear. I probably explained better inside my head 😂 5 of them look like the “typical” welsummer, but 2 are colored a bit differently. I was wondering if they were silver duckwing welsummers possibly, or something else?

black_cat

♥♥Lover of Leghorns♥♥
Premium Feather Member
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
Yes I agree, I wasn’t questioning if they were pullets but more their coloring.. sorry if I wasn’t clear. I probably explained better inside my head 😂 5 of them look like the “typical” welsummer, but 2 are colored a bit differently. I was wondering if they were silver duckwing welsummers possibly, or something else?
Oooh, I see what you're talking about- they're a bit greyer than the others, right? No idea about that.

wolfwalker

Songster
Dec 21, 2018
Cochise county Arizona
To tell the truth, I raise Welsummer's and the two in question don't look like Welsummer's to me. Now if I go two pens down, they do look like my Gold Crele Legbars. So it is possible they have some legbar in them, eggs will tell. If they were in my flocks, I would expect blue eggs form those two girls.

Auntiejessi3

Crowing
Oct 20, 2020
Central Texas
My Coop
My Coop
To tell the truth, I raise Welsummer's and the two in question don't look like Welsummer's to me. Now if I go two pens down, they do look like my Gold Crele Legbars. So it is possible they have some legbar in them, eggs will tell. If they were in my flocks, I would expect blue eggs form those two girls.
If they were a mix between legbar and wesummer wouldn't they lay green eggs?

Top Bottom