wendys got rid of my salad!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Smoky73, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    I freakin hate Wendy's.

I know its a personal issue, but they got rid of my Manadarin Chicken Salad which was so awesome and they told me their Apple Pecan Salad got better reviews.....OMG... WHAT???? I know, it is probably just me but, Apples and nuts have no place in a green salad IMO. I was so mad I ranted about it to the poor guy at drive thru. I mean really, because of my lack of gallbladder I can rarely eat out at fast food anyway and then this happens...I am so disappointed....

Its like Arby's having Chicken Salad Market Fresh sandwiches.....SERIOUSLY??? They add nuts and apples to it too! Who puts fruit in your chicken salad?

Thats just WRONG.........[​IMG]

2. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I remember when Wendy's used to have full salad bars! They were excellent too. I was so mad when they took away the salad bars that I stopped going altogether.

3. gallinamama

gallinamama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    Macomb, Michigan
    Quote:I loved that mandarin chicken salad...but I also love the Apple Pecan salad.. that pommergrante dressing is really good. My daughter likes the taco one... don't know what it is called... she gets the chili and dumps it on the salad and says it is good.. yuk... but my other daughter said she was game ... did it and liked it... go figure...I know what you mean about not being able to eat out.... I can't have the meat. I like the salads so I pick off the chicken....

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

That's a pretty common thing now... you should hear my old coworker rant about putting grapes and nuts in your chicken salad... it's fun to watch.

Personally I thought the fruity nut stuff was good... so long as that's what you wanted. But when you order expecting savory and get sweet instead... BLUH!

5. gallinamama

gallinamama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    Macomb, Michigan
    Quote:That is another one... my daughter thought I was crazy to put nuts and grapes in chicken salad.. until she tasted it... now she loves it... I think our impressions of something .. stops us from even trying new things.

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah... gotta admit putting hard boiled egg and celery in chicken or tuna salad didn't sound so great an idea to me... again that old coworker... but it's not bad. But I'd rather just a smidge of onion and pickle.

7. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Quote:I used to LOVE those salad bars!

Arby's got rid of their Southwest Salad which was the best thing they had.

I'm with ya's. Grapes, apples and walnuts in chicken salad is just wrong

Now Cracker Barrel--THAT'S some good chicken salad ... on sourdough bread [​IMG]

8. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    I remember when Wendy's did the salad bar too....boy I miss all those, I LOVE salad. To be honest, I did not much care for the mandarin oranges ont he mandarin salad, but I ate them anyway and got used to them. I guess I am not a fruit on green salad kinda gal.

I guess I MIGHT have to TRY the new Wendys salad, we will see.

And the nuts and grapes or apples (whatever) that Arby's does to their chicken salad, that was the first encounter I had with fruit in chicken salad so was quite unexpected. I think you have to be prepared at least for some of these concoctions....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by