Went for 2 Bantys came home with more

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by AuntT, Apr 18, 2008.

1. AuntT

AuntT Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2008
    Fort Jones, California
    :eek: All I needed was 2 Bantys for my sweet Rooster Dooster. I came home with 5 bantys, 2 araucanas, 2 barred rocks. Don't know how it happened. I am glad they didn't have any ducklings!

2. yellowdragon

yellowdragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Springville, Indiana
    I know what you mean. I went for americanas and came home with 30 chicks. New hampshire red, buff oripingtons, rex sex links, and americanas:lol:

3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I am sure rooster dooster will accept all his new girlfriends [​IMG] you have to keep them separate until they are the same size though.

good luck,
    Henry

4. AuntT

AuntT Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2008
    Fort Jones, California
    Good Grief. I wouldn't know what to do with 30 at once. I have mine in the bathroom. Heatlamp and Space heater on. They are in a box in the tub. I was thinking of putting strae in the tub and letting them loose in it. Not sure what Hubby would think about that!

5. AuntT

AuntT Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2008
    Fort Jones, California
    Separate? They are all together right now. Should I separate them?

6. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I went in 4 americaunas maybe got 2 bantam ones...not sure left w 12 chicks total. Now Im trying to get eggs and learn to hatch. SO ADDICTIVE!

7. ChickNLittle

ChickNLittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Folkston, Georgia
    Yep, it is very addictive. And you know what.....? They just had a study that showed that Chickens and fish owners who had panic attacks, were 10 times more likely to have less or no panic attacks/anxiety attacks on their current medication. Hmmm.....sounds like the chicks are great for are blood pressure too. Except of course when we are waiting for a hatch. Tehe!

8. AuntT

AuntT Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2008
    Fort Jones, California
    Already thinking of an incubator. Would love to be there when they hatch.

9. johnmayersquare

johnmayersquare Let's Talk About Chicks, Man!

Nov 17, 2007
    Port Orchard, WA
    Went for a bale of straw........came home with 6 MORE chicks(3 ameraucana, 2 black sexlink, and 1 buff orpington).........so now that is a total of 27. My husband thinks I have gone mad........which I guess I have, ahahahahaha.........Mad for chicks! [​IMG]

10. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:It is the disease! The disease causes buying more and more chicks until you are building additions on to the house. [​IMG]

PS - There is no cure. Sorry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by