Went in to lock down today!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kmsek, Mar 6, 2011.

1. kmsek

kmsek Songster

Feb 3, 2011
    N Fla
    just went into lock down 1st time w/ homeade incubator [​IMG] may be on ash wednesday [​IMG]

2. lovinRIRs

lovinRIRs In the Brooder

Mar 5, 2011
    good luck! [​IMG]

3. kmsek

kmsek Songster

Feb 3, 2011
    N Fla
    thanks!!!!

4. Michie

Michie Chirping

Sep 28, 2010
    San Antonio
    me too!! This will be my 1st hatch and everything was going perfect, but I went out of town this weekend, and my mom was here and called me 45min before I got back, and said the temp dropped to 77, and the humidity went up to 76. IDK what happend? I have the temp back up, and I put them on lock down for an estimated hatch date of Wed. - There is one egg moving around so I am hopeful that some will have survived. The eggs are Maran eggs so they are to dark to candle [​IMG] Heres hoping we both have good hatches!! (My kids will be sad if none make it) Good Luck!

5. kmsek

kmsek Songster

Feb 3, 2011
    N Fla
    [​IMG]I have hatched several times from a hova bator but this time I made my own I have no idea what will happen

6. tay_boe

tay_boe Songster

Aug 27, 2010
    Good luck. I just closed mine up and geez it's hard I keep looking in I feel like a child, I guess because it's my first hatch. I hope your new bator gives ya a great hatch rate!

7. midget_farms

midget_farms Songster

Apr 15, 2008
    Dunlap Illinois
    Good luck you guys - remember to keep the humidity high! They will stick to the inside of the shell if you don't.

& don't open the incubator for any reason!!!! Once a pip happens the chicks will get shrink wrapped by the egg membrane if you open it up. The temporary drop in humidity is like a vacuum packer!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  8. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Songster

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    [​IMG] Stay outta the bator and make sure you post pics asap. [​IMG]

9. gumbii

gumbii Songster

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    YAY, i'm gonna go on lock down in a minute... i set them at midnight, so i'm gonna wait for 10pm or so... maybe earlier, but i'm fat and lazy...

10. kmsek

kmsek Songster

Feb 3, 2011
    N Fla
    Tempos good humidity right condensation on window resisting urge to open top opened a plug [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: