Went in to lockdown 9/22/09 First timer

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by beckychick, Sep 22, 2009.

1. beckychick

beckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    Cantonment
    I live in Florida, the natural humidity is 75% but 65-68% in the bator...a Still Air LG. The temp is about 100.5, so am I good? Which end does the chick hatch out of? The eggs look full except for the fatter end which has a perfectly round circle. Does this sound normal? They're brown eggs and I have never been able to see inside well.

2. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    yep that sounds good.
    the round circle is the air sack which is the end the chick will come out of.

keep us posted. [​IMG]

good luck [​IMG]

3. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Oh, we're on lockdown too .. yipee!

The bator is at a friends, though, so I won't know anything until she calls and tells me of pips and such.

She did say that the dogs have suddenly shown interest in the bator they have ignored for almost 3 weeks .. so maybe they are hearing some little peep peeps >>?

4. beckychick

beckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    Cantonment
    yeah, dogs have super sonic hearing so maybe. wish me luck. The odds are against me for several reasons with these eggs...so I am really hopeful here. I got rid of my rooster, so there is no second chance with these!

5. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    I've been "cautiously optimistic" about these eggs also .. 4 breeds .. some shipped .. and a very old bator that we had some turner problems with ..

soooooooooooooo ... we'll see.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by