Went into lockdown at 9:45 this morning, should i see anything yet?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Nikkumz, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Nikkumz

Nikkumz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    Should there be any progress yet? I havent heard a single pip even internal and no progress that i can see...Temp is at 99.1 ish and humidity staying right aroun 60-63 %

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] Such enthusiasm!!! No, you won't have anything happen until day 21. Sit on your hands!!!

3. Nikkumz

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    AHH!!! im gonna go crazy! i swear yesterday when i candled one of the eggs it looked like the chick was trying to get out! lol
    Maybe im seeing things cuz i want my babies out!

4. debilorrah

Quote:No you weren't seeing things. It is quite normal to see them moving in the egg at many different stages. Is this your first hatch?

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I always see one or two rock on Day 18, so you probably did see it!

6. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

There is a possibility that some could hatch early. I have had bantam Cochins hatch on day 19 before. Have fun watching but not opening your bator!

7. debilorrah

Quote:You know everyone says this about bantams, and I have yet to have that happen. It seems to be my LF breeds that hatch a day early. Now I gotta watch this thread and see what happens.

8. Nikkumz

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    Ya this is my first hatch, im excited, but im nervouse too. My humidity has been pretty high throughout the incubation period im worried it will effect the hatch.
    I have them in egg cartons though with the bottoms cut out for ventilation so they pip at the top of the egg.

9. debilorrah

Quote:My first hatch I broke out in hives from my nerves. I understand your anxiety.

10. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Quote:You know everyone says this about bantams, and I have yet to have that happen. It seems to be my LF breeds that hatch a day early. Now I gotta watch this thread and see what happens.

In my last hatch 1 bantam was actually pipped in the turner when I went to take it out at lock down & hatched about 12 hours later. I had 5 bantams, 11 Ameraucanas and 32 EE's and 47 of 48 were hatched by the middle of day 21 in a Hovabator Genesis 1588 ~ temps were steady throughout the entire incubation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by