1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

went out and gathered eggs got 9 already this morning

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by blueseal, Dec 20, 2009.

1. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    went out to the coop to give them a treat of cracked corn and already 9 eggs layed at 1130am . its cold and windy and snowing today . so there staying in. i have a 40 watt bulb on a timer comes on at 3am off at 8am . im keeping light on today since they are snowed in. it will go off at 4pm thats when they go to roost normally. 9 eggs now if i can get the other 10 slackers to lay.

2. Ms~Silkie~Girl

Ms~Silkie~Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    New York STATE
    cool!

3. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    cool-
    I got 21 eggs so far......mine lay all day...

4. gsim

gsim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    East Tennessee
    Quote:Got to coop 7 AM and found 7 eggs waiting, none cold. Ended up with 18 today from 24 pullets of 6 1/2 months. I guess mine never read "GUIDE TO RAISING POULTRY", so they do not know that it is winter time with only 10 hr days and that they are supposed to slow down. [​IMG]

5. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Mine have light and six out of seven laid...number seven is sitting on two eggs!

6. felidaet

felidaet Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2008
    Vancouver, Wa.
    I got 11 eggs today from 17 pullets. No artificial light. Egg laying has picked up significantly in the last week. I have no idea why. I am now getting 11 - 12 per day instead of 6 - 8 that I was getting just a couple of weeks ago.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by