Went out of town and my mom took care of the flock :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by tancurls, Nov 7, 2011.

1. tancurls

tancurls Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    Huntington Beach
    We went away and I was so worried about my girls and roosie. I have a barred rock an Araucanias and a silkie hen. Organic cage free spoiled rotten, just the way I like them lol. After every egg they lay me which are beautiful, they get treats. After roosie crows every afternoon they get more treats! They are so spoiled and I felt so bad leaving them.

While we were away I get an enthusiastic call from my mom saying "oh honey i got four of the most beautiful eggs, two brown and two green". Needless to say I was thrilled at how delighted she was. She also mentioned how it was just like getting a present. Me then thinking yes what other animal gives you presents! I am seriously in loooove with my flock! I cant wait until summer when they can get regular baths again....lol:lol:

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I feel just like that too! When I get those beautiful eggs, it's like getting a present. LOL I've got two EE girls and they lay the most beautiful, sea foam green eggs. And then I've got an Olive Egger....She lays a really pretty "Army green" egg. I've got one white egg layer and also a few brown egg layers. Makes for a beautiful egg basket......

Glad to hear you're enjoying your chickens!

Sharon

3. tancurls

tancurls Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    Huntington Beach
    I would say my EE lays army green. They are beautiful!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by