went to 16 week ultrasound today, IT'S A.....GIRL! *pics*

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Ducklove334, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    .......HA!, I'm not gonna give it up THAT easy, not until the pics are scanned [​IMG]

I want everyone to guess what you think we are havin' [​IMG], then MAYBE I'LL tell ya, depends on how nice y'all are to me [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Dang you!!! [​IMG] I am gonna say girl because someone has to have one. I was the last female born in our family and I am 47. I say GIRL!

3. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I wanna say girl, but my gut is saying Boy. [​IMG]

4. PamsPride

PamsPride Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    OHIO
    I vote girl!

5. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I say boy. [​IMG]

More important, how's babe look? Everything okay/healthy?

6. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    I'm gonna say Rabbit.

My sister's kids were looking at a Richard Scarry book and they were showing the 2 little boys at the time, that mommy was going to go to the hospital like in the picture and have a baby...and the pic was of the nursery full of baby bunnies.

So my nephews were quite disappointed that mommy didn't bring home a baby bunny but brought home a baby sister instead.

shoot.

7. Ducklove334

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:le baby is fine, and healthy...something thats always been a concern was that the doc. there said that there was a 1 in 70 % of it (I ALMOST gave it away by typing the gender) having down sydrome [​IMG]

well, the doc found some things that he SAYS raised our risk to like 1 in 60%.

he found what could be a calcium deposit in the heart, the kidneys were abit larger than they should be cause they had moe fluid in them, and the bowls(sp?) had a calcium deposit too, he said thats some things found in down sydrome babies, but he also said that they arn't BIG markers, so it's no big deal. talk about confusing! [​IMG]

I'm gonna say Rabbit.

[​IMG]

8. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Will they send you for more testing and/or a level 2? I hate when they throw stuff out like that and then say don't worry! heh That's what us pregnant women do, WORRY!

9. Ducklove334

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    well, as the babies daddy /I/ am more worried than SHE is HAHAHA...but this is my first ever kid, and ofcourse I want it to be healthy as possible, IT [​IMG] is already gonna have my whole line of mental problems (bi-polar and such) and thats enough for ANY kids, trust me [​IMG]

ETA: when we go back on may 10th(22 weeks then), they'll do more screening, and if everything they found today looks better, then i guess they'll give a clear, but if they look worse or whatever..then I dunno after that

10. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    I was told my first was going to be a down syndrome baby too...until the first ultrasound showed that with measurements of the skull and thigh...she was a bit younger than they (we) guesstimated...so she was born priemie because I was preclamptic but otherwise she is fine...some speech delays and after 7 years is catching up now.

No matter what you love that baby and know that baby is such a blessing.

hugs to you and your bunny,
    g

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by