Went to buy straw.......

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ronshoney, Jan 12, 2009.

1. ronshoney

ronshoney Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Algonac, Michigan
    I stopped to buy straw this weekend on my way home from work with my son and while we were in the barn helping the farmer (as he is 86 and still does everything on his farm) when a ratty little kitten popped out from the sow pen.
    He told me that a few nights before in a snowstorm he had heard a car pull in the driveway at 10:30 and thought his son was home from work early. When his son didn't come in he went outside to investigate and found the kitten huddled under the corner of one of his buildings.
    I asked him if he planned on keeping her and he said no and asked if I wanted her and I said yes ........ even though I might not have a place to live tonight. He said she was trying to nurse off of his pregnant sows. I am guessing that she is about 4wks. old and was covered in fleas and had solid matts along her spine. She also smelled of pig poo from her present company.
    I took her home and waited for my husband to explode but after letting me know in very strong words that we didn't need any more cats he proceeded to pet and talk to the kitten so it was all over then... I was going to put it in the garage with our other 3 but he told me that she was too little and would have to stay in the house until she got bigger.
    The kids named her Bella as our other cats are : Buddy, Boots, and Boo. Here she is 2 baths and a haircut later.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Our dog does not know what to think about the little furball that keeps spitting and growling at him..... lol...

2. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    She looks like My Kaibosch!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I LOVE siamese kitties!!! ours thinks he is a dog!!!

3. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    OH MY!!! I want [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. spookyevilone

spookyevilone Crazy Quail Lady

Oct 5, 2008
    Minneapolis
    Aww, cute little seal point siamese! [​IMG] It's older than 4 weeks, I'd say probably 8-10. At 4 weeks, it wouldn't have much colour to the points. It's probably little from malnourishment, but it's definitely old enough to be weaned.

Good on you for taking the baby in. Hopefully, things will work out and you won't need taking in yourself! [​IMG]

-Spooky

5. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    That is one adorable little kitty. I'm sooo glad that she's part of your family now.

I like your hubby; he sounds like mine! He says: "We are NOT getting anymore cats!" Then, in the next breath he says: "Oh, but if we don't take her they're going to put her down...." Needless to say we ended up with an extra kitten too.

6. ametauss

ametauss Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Shepherdsville, KY
    Aaawwwww!!! She is Sooooo cute!!

You done Good!!

[​IMG]

7. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    Might also be a snowshoe cat. I had 2 of them when I was in college.

8. spookyevilone

spookyevilone Crazy Quail Lady

Oct 5, 2008
    Minneapolis
    Quote:Snowshoe's a mutation of seal point siamese, and the kitten isn't. No white on the paws. [​IMG]

-Spooky
    (who used to breed siamese kitties)

9. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Aww, your doggy is beautiful! (Yes, I know this was about the cat) [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Actually I just tamed a cat that looked just like that and found it a good home! We called her Smokey! I live across from a Salvage Yard, I hate it, and everyone drops their unwanted cats/kittens and they always find it to my house because I cannot let any animal starve so I get suckered into feeding the wild cats. Usually they are pregnate so I try to tame the kittens and find them a good home before they get too big. Everybody wants a kitten, nobody wants a cat!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by