1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Went to get meat birds, should have called first! LOL pics!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by newchickmom, Mar 24, 2011.

1. newchickmom

newchickmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2007
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Went to Rural King to get meat birds (which were all gone!). Ended up with more than I bargained for! [​IMG]
    Brought home 15 BR, 9 EE, and 1 Brown Leghorn (just wanted to see how it would turn out.) [​IMG]
    I Gave 8 to the hen that has been Broody for over a month and she took them right away! The rest I kept in the brooder in the garege for about 3 days then I sectioned off a corner, with a 1X12 in board, in the broody pen. Sorry about the bad pic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mama threw a fit!!! [​IMG] She kept hopping back and forth trying to get the other chicks to follow her our with the brood I gave her. I finally gave in and took the baord out. [​IMG] Mama now has a brood of 25 chicks! She is getting the help of a heat light though because some of the chicks are a little scared of her and I know she can't sit on that many chicks. She is a very good mama!

[​IMG]

In the garage, I now also have:

11 White Rocks and 3 banties.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And 20 Cornish X

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Good thing my husband loves me! (I haven't even got my turkeys for Thanksgiving yet!)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  2. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    cuteeee

3. Nigellas

Nigellas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    Ann Arbor, MI
    What a sweet mama
    [​IMG]

4. newchickmom

newchickmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2007
    Lafayette, Indiana
    LOL

At least I finally got my meat birds.

I had originally planned on The WR I had ordered and meat birds. But somehow, instead of 11 pullets and 20 meat birds, I have ended up with 36 future egg layers! [​IMG]

CHICKEN MATH 102 [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by