went to my first show and brought back these..............

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by TK Poultry, Oct 17, 2009.

1. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    i went to my first poultry show every today and it was soooo cool i got there and went strait to the sale coop and bought 3 swedish duck hens in the first ten minutes i was in hog heaven!!!! then i walked around and seen all of the amazing birds and got kinda down for a minute b/c there was only THREE swedish ducks!! [​IMG] but it picked up me and mom walked around and looked at the adult and youth show birds and we ate some chilli it was really cool and then then i seen this jap roo and i was in love so i had to buy him he is AWESOME and he is from good bloodlines i dont know any names but his full brother was there at the show and he won BV and i think my guy won RV so i guess he is a good little roo i was soo happy were are going to show in the next show in our area but to get to my question of what do you guys think of my new roo....... i love the ducks too but this thread is more about the roo

[​IMG]
    this is the only decent picture i could get of him i shouldve taken pix of him at the show but wasnt thinking

[​IMG]
    they are huge for being april hatch good show girls a little dirty but you can see mine in this pic im kinda ashamed its rained alot and there pen is muddy they look like lil piggy ducks!!! lol

2. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    I think your Jap roo looks great but I am not into showing and have just started with my Japs so I am not an expert.
    The ducks look great too. I used to love my blue Swedish best of all. It has been raining all day here, I will be so glad when it stops!

3. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    my swedes are soo sweet and QUIET i absolutly fell in love!!!!! i also about bout a trio of lavender muscovies but i was like no!!! i think the jap roo i name Dino since we have a flintsones name theme with our japs....i absolutly love this lil roo and he is sooo sweet

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Oh those ducks are beautiful! [​IMG]

The roo is quite handsome too!
    Don't worry about the mud- we're all up to our ears in it [​IMG]
    I had 2 people come to pick up birds today and I was so afraid they were going to fall [​IMG]

5. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    i dont like to put pictures of any of the birds on here unless they look good and the pictures do not do any of them justice they are all beautiful and sq im sooooo excited

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by