Went to Southren States today...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MRNpoultry, May 5, 2008.

1. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    We went to three different feed stores looking for chick feed and 2 of them where sold out so we went to another Southren States to buy some chick grower. I was getting ready to pay, to I heard some peeping in the background. The peeping was coming from a back room, they had turkeys, ducks, gesse, chinkens and our getting some game birds. I called my dad at work and he said I can maybe go back tommorow and buy some chickens and maybe a turkey. My flock keeps getting bigger, we are still thinking about adding on to the coop to.

2. MRNpoultry

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    If I get some more chicks and they are roosters will they get along with my 2 month old rooster?

3. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    Cool! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. TheMartianChick

TheMartianChick Chillin' With My Peeps

I would think that you would need alot more hens so that the roosters would have enough girls to look after rather than trying to fight over a few.

5. A Carolina Chick

A Carolina Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    NC
    Have fun![​IMG]

6. lilcountry

lilcountry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Benson, NC
    Several have posted saying some roosters will do okay together, with both of them being young, if you introduce them as soon as possible and keep them together as much as possible it sounds like they could. If they have problems then you can seperate them, but they could be fine.

7. MRNpoultry

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    if you introduce them as soon as possible and keep them together as much as possible it sounds like they could.

That what I was thinking.

I would think that you would need alot more hens so that the roosters would have enough girls to look after rather than trying to fight over a few.

If I get them I might get I few more hens.

My dad just got home and said I can probaly go get some tommorow!!! [​IMG]

8. MRNpoultry

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Going to the store to get them!!! He told me a can go get a few today, I'll post pic once I get them.

9. M.J

M.J Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Maryland
    have fun getting your new chicks also did you get the job at the vets

10. MRNpoultry

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    I just called up there to see if they came in yet and they said they won't be there till tommorow.

I haven't heard about the job yet, I'll probaly call up there this week to see if some one else did. How is your job going?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by