Went to the auction and came home with bunnies . Angora or jerseywooly

poultrykeeper08

Songster
11 Years
Feb 12, 2008
Agawam , Ma
i think they are iether jersey wooly's or angora . Any ideas ? Im hoping they are jersey woolys but some of thier hair is extremly soft and my old jersey wooleys hair was kinda course
chinchillajerseywooly.jpg

whitejerseywooly.jpg

blackjerseywoolymale.jpg

spoteedjerseywooly.jpg

jerseywooolypair.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know much about rabbits (used to have some though - loved them and miss them), but I would guess they have some Angora in them.

They look like my jersey woolies did. Angoras are quite a bit bigger than jerseys. Do these appear bigger or "mini"?

They're absolutely lovely tho I'm not sure if wooley or angora..... I miss having bunnies but one of my dogs would eat them in a heartbeat so I will enjoy your's vicariously :)

Some are dwarf sized and seem full grown and 2 of them seem young and a good size so i think i may have 2 angoras and the rest are woolys . These guys have such soft fur like my angoras but the size of a wooly .

all of those are jersey woolies!
congrats!
the jersey wooly wool is really different from angora.. and from what i can see those buns are all around 2-4 lbs.. so they are jersey woolies...
they also dont look like mixes.
congrats! I've bred jersey woolies for quite sometime now! at least you have quite a variety!
~Jenn
www.freewebs.com/jandrrabbitry/

ETA: the reason some of their fur seems soft, is because they are still in their junior coats. They'll molt them out into their courser adult coats...
also some woolies have softer coats.. i have a buck and doe who seem to always have that annoying soft coat.

Last edited:
Awsome ! i just love jersey woolys . I kept out bidding the lady that kept yelling " Snakes got to eat !" . I couldnt let ehm be fed to a snake they are to nice of rabbits . I didnt even see them until the guy held them up and then i was offf every crate that even had 1 in it with other breeds i bought . Luckily i out bit alot of people and they would come up to me and ask to buy the other breeds i didnt want .

Thanks for all the help

Please be very cautious with Auction Rabbits.
Keep in mind they are there for a reason.
9 times out of 10 they are sick , have genetic defects, or vicious.
I hope and pray the ones you got are not any of the above. sometimes you get lucky sometimes you dont.

With the number purchased I am hoping it is a rabbitry sell down. Meaning the rabbits come from a breeder and are healthy.

Back
Top Bottom