1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Went to the auction today!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jackiedon, Jun 22, 2008.

1. jackiedon

jackiedon Songster

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    DD and I went to action to get rid of some roos and a billy goat. I got rid of 2 partidge cochin, 1 buff silkie roo and 1 pendencsa roo. I also got rid of a nigerian dwarf billy. With all the cost, I ended up making $29!!!!! Got to hatch chicks to sell.

I ended up buying 3 white peachicks, 1 calico baby turkey (but it's about a month old or 2)and a nanny pygmy goat. I bought my sister 2 of THE prettiest pygmy billy goats I have ever seen. They are white with black spots and they have light blue eyes!! One is fuzzy and the other is slick haired.

The Auction started at 12:30 had to have poultry checked in by 10:30 so we got there about 9:45 am and did not leave until 8:45 pm.

I am tired!!! I was lucky to get a seat where the fans blew on me the whole time so the temp was nice.

jackie

2. alex

alex Songster

Jul 1, 2007
    That seems great [​IMG] Congrats on the new pets [​IMG]

3. jackiedon

jackiedon Songster

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Alex,

I haven't seen you are lately. I see you still like those silkies! I have 5 sitting.

The peachicks are very loud!!!!

jackie

4. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    I wish I could talk mu hubby into a goat or 2, but he's not budging. [​IMG]

Glad to hear you had a good day

5. 2manyhats

2manyhats Songster

May 18, 2008
    Central NY
    Quote:Have you heard adult pea fowl. VERY loud! I think they are beautiful, but worry about the noise.

6. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Jackie that sounds like a GREAT day at the auction to me! Very Nice.

I'd love to see some pics if you get a chance to post some.

We want goats so bad but don't have the space, yet. [​IMG]

7. jackiedon

jackiedon Songster

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    2manyhats: If the neighbors complain I will tell them it's no worse than there loud music, drunken singing, and drunken yelling they do on the weekend.

PC: You have got to look into moving to the country!!! There are a lot of farms for sale on the way to the Ozarks. I don't live in the Ozarks but it's beautiful there and cost of living is lower here! Just think how much fun Drumstick would have in the country!

I will try to post pics later. It's my turn to sit with my parents so I won't be home until tomorrow night.

jackie

8. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Congrats!!! You tease!!! You HAVE to post pics!!! lol!! [​IMG]

9. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Oh I wanna see the spotty goats!!! How neat! [​IMG]

10. 2manyhats

2manyhats Songster

May 18, 2008
    Central NY
    Quote:True. Also, no louder than the cars, trucks and motorcycles with no muffler. Maybe someday I'll get some pea foul.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by