went to the emergancy room yesterday

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Aug 25, 2010.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I was having chest pains. after ekg and blood work the decided to give me a antacid lanicane cocktail. I had one before. it made my chest hurt worse and also made my stomach her so bad i was laying in the fetal postion crying. then they gave me a oriphine shot and sent me for chest x rays. still found nothing so they sent me home saying I had GERD and constipation. I am in nop way constipated trust me. my stomache didnt hurt until they mad me drink the antacid crap. and ontop of all that my BP keeps dropping down to 80/? ... it went as high as 155/79 at the er several bp maxchines dint want to work on me. it kept taking several tries to get my bp at each time. it scares me because same hospital told my hubby that there was nothing wrong when he went in with chest pains and 3 weeks later he has emergancy quadruple by pass... I am staying so tired.its hard to stay awake. My thing is ... why when the hospital cant figure out whats wrong with you they always say constipation. no matter what you go in for... that i dont understand.. i know several people whio had major medical problems that they had constipation.
    I think maybe I have an ulcer... gonna try to get a physical soon

2. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

wow. I'm so sorry! I hope you get much better soon. I will say that I never get the doctors telling me I'm constipated, they always tell me I've got a virus... and it's almost always a huge waste of time.

3. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I had a similar problem years ago. I went in with pain just below my chest but above my stomach. I went to the emergency room and they told me it was a virus. It hurt so bad that the next day I was still sore in the same area. Had the same another time but didn't go to the ER because, why go if it's a virus. Finally, after getting the same pain a third time a year later I went back and after a few test they discovered it was gallstones and I had to get my gallbladder removed. Until then I never knew that gallstones was a virus, NOT!

Oh, I have also been told that they get people in the ER having a gallbladder attack that think it's a heart attack because of the pain. Maybe you should have your gallbladder checked too.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  4. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    brother in lawin law who is no longer with us had Congestive heart failure(he died from it) used to go to the hospital (different hospital)with chest pains and they would always give him fleet enemas saying it was constipated. my cousin has fluid around his lungs and he went in for that . his diagnosis was constipation. It is so rediculous. i didnt want to go to th ER cause I knew they would tell me it was Gerd. DH and DD made me go. I am still suffering from some chestpains and am on prilosec and they gave me vicadin. if he believed it was constipation why did he give me a moriphine shot? who knows. I am trying not to take the vicadin I hate taking pain meds like that. ell going back to bed

5. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    Gallbladder attacks can be caused by eating spicy foods, seeded vegetables (like broccolli), lunch meats and I can't remember some of the other stuff that was on the list and it's really painful.

6. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Not to scare you, but women with heart disease also present differently than men. sometimes it gets missed because the doctors aren't looking for it, they should but don't.

7. cheri222

cheri222 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Erie PA
    I have GERD but have gone to the er several times for chest pains. It scares the crap out of me. The only reassuring thing is they always do the cardiac enzymes and they are normal. The other thing is I went to my pcp for followup and had an echo an stress test done. These were also normal. Hard thing about the stress test was had to be caffeine free for 48 hours--NO COFFEE. Everyone has their vice and this is mine. Follow up with your pcp and ask for testing.

8. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Okay I used to have GERD, on all kinds of mediciens for it. Then we got the farm, and I drink raw Goat's milk, make kefir, yogurt, etc and the GERD like totally disappeared. Do you have any access to raw milk? If you need me to, I'll send a link for that in a pm. Goat milk especially is famous for soothing qualities and restoring what we miss in our stomachs. We sell under a pet license in Georgia. There may be some near you that sell under the pet license. God bless you and hope you are feeling better soon!

9. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    went for chest pains a few years ago, said chest wall pain kept having chest pains dr. sent me for test ekg came back fine september of last year I had my first heart attack. here it is either chest wall pain or angina or gas. Mine wasn't.

10. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    Quote:my galbladder was removed 19 years ago

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by