Went to the feed store

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Kitt, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Kitt

Kitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Texas
    And they had EE chicks and Guinea keets. I really really really wanted some of each. But I just bought all my feed and left. Didn't buy a single one.

But....I am wondering how I can get 2 more brooders and if I can get a Guinea pen done in time......

2. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    My feedstore here in Texas has chicks year round, and ducklings and goslings in the spring. I've learned to exercise willpower, which my dh surely must appreciate.

The store is really mean!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  3. Kitt

Apr 1, 2011
    Texas
    mom'sfolly :

My feedstore here in Texas has chicks year round, and ducklings and goslings in the spring. I've learned to exercise willpower, which my dh surely must appreciate.

Yes they are. All the stores here only have them mainly in spring. Surprised they had any this late. If I lived where you do, I would be in soooo much trouble. I only have so much willpower.​

4. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Kitt,

You might enjoy reading my post about putting together a nice size brooder in less than 4hrs. Just put it into the coops section today [​IMG] This has inspired me to get more chicks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    If we had a smiley that had it's fingers in its ears going "la la la la" I'd be posting it. I don't need to know about quick brooders, or easy new coops. La la la la la la la la... [​IMG]

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Be strong Kitt, be strong.

7. java girl 2

java girl 2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    NY
    where is the coops section and nobudy get's hurt !!!! [​IMG] I JUST GOT 7 KEETS AND NO ROOM FOR THEM !!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    mom'sfolly :

Oh thank goodness I don't live there....they'd be sold out every week! [​IMG]

9. Kitt

Apr 1, 2011
    Texas
    I actually have 3 empty brooders. I just want more cause I know where to get more fuzzy things than I have brooders for. I'm sooo bad. But with things going on at the moment, 2 special needs chicks, 10- 2 month olds who like to attach themselves to me (literally fly up on me and I stand there looking like the crazy chicken lady) My jealous silkie widget, and 3 more chicks who need some serious socialization and a mil driving me nuts....I think i'm good for now.

But..............................i could always use a peeping distraction [​IMG]

10. Kitt

Apr 1, 2011
    Texas
    Quote:Grit...I can either be nice or be strong...i can't do both [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by