Went to throw out egg.....

kellim

Songster
11 Years
Jun 19, 2008
SC, GA Border
Well, about 2 minutes ago I went in to our bathroom aka incubator room and went to throw out our undeveloped eggs since hatch day I thought had come and gone. Well I candled about 3 of the eggs and disposed of them and then when I picked up one of the other eggs, I candled it and OMG there was a baby, moving, and it's beak was breaking into the air sac. I immediately put it back in the bator and closed the lid and ran in here so I don't touch it again. Should it be okay? I went ahead and got my humidity back up and the temp stayed pretty steady. Guess that was one of the eggs I wasn't sure of the hatch day!!!!! Should it be okay???

You should be fine... should hear what my last few eggs that hatched, and one that is STILL in the bator went through!
ep.gif
LOL

Last edited:
Should be ok!

I almost did the same thing, but after days of waiting I was cleaning the bator and heard PEEPING... I made a hole in the egg and saw the baby's beak....

(she's sleeping in the coop now with her sisters)

I still don't hear any peeping. I just saw ALOT of moving. I know this is contraversial on here but should I intervene at some point, if so when and what to do? I just want to be prepared. I have hatched before but not one that I almost threw out and wasn't sure of the hatch due date.
barnie.gif

If it's pipped into the air sac, then it's probably just fine and due to hatch any time now. You shouldn't have to intervene at all. The only one I had problems with was one that had pipped the shell but was not ready to hatch and my son got into the bator and dropped another egg ON IT! And the air got in through the cracks and dried out the membrane so the poor thing couldn't move. Yours should be fine since the shell was intact!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! Well my humidity is at 69% and temp is holding steady at 100 so that is good. Still not seeing a pip in the shell. Of course with my luck it will take all night!!!!!!

Just went and cleaned off the little window on the Hovabator. Funny the little tiny annoying specks of dust that somehow appear when you are trying to look in in the midst of an anxiety attack!!! lol
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom