1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Went to Tractor Supply today...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ThePolishPrincess, Apr 19, 2009.

1. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

...came back with NOTHING! Uggh! And trust me, it wasn't by choice(but by force). There was a bin of clean legged bantams with some RSLs mixed in, one with Cornish Xs, and my personal favorite, one with a mix of Pekin and Rouen ducklings.

Me: *glares at ducks* Look dad! Ducks!
    Dad: No.
    Me: But they're ducks! I really want more ducks.
    Dad: We have two. And these things get huge. And you have to get 6. What are we going to do with 6?
    Me: We'll find someone who wants some extras.
    Dad: We're not buying them to give them away!
    Me: ...
    Dad: You're getting 8 baby chicks in 3 days.
    Me: ...
    Dad: If any chicks die, I'll get you ducks.
    Me: I'm holding you to your word.
    Dad: ...
    Me: Some are bound to die, you know that, right?
    Dad: We'll see.

I'm hoping none of my babies die. But if they do...well...ducklings are nice also... [​IMG] Just not as nice. Maybe the store will let us only take a few home with us...there weren't very many left in the bin. I hope they get another shipment. If I luck out at all.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  2. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    I havent bought chicks for a over month its killing me,but I have 25 comming this comming week and eggs to hatch anytime now,they are late hatching but still alive and kicking...
    I have been resisting very well everytime I go to my farm supply store

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  3. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

We only order chicks once a year, and in 3 days they will be the only ones I get until next year, if I get any next year at all. I feel your pain. Sadly, we have to go to the feed store every week or so. Resisting is my only choice. [​IMG] Good luck with your clutch!

4. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Those chicks are going to live forever now! [​IMG]

5. kittyariel

kittyariel Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2008
    taft TN
    We went today too. First we went in Huntsville and all they had was baby ducks, so I looked at DH and he says "lets go to Fayetteville". We get there and they have a big bucket of what they called standard pullets. I am pretty sure they are are RIR. Needless to say I am the new mommy of 4 little pullets!!!!We had gone before easter and they had a bunch of assorted, but they were all gone. Mind you he built me my coop for my birthday last August and it has taken me all this time to finally get them!!!! I will post pics soon!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by