Went yard saleing today and . . . .

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Whispering Winds, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I found three feeders, that hold about two gallons of food I would guesstimate, and they were $2 each. Galvanized, with holes to be nailed or screwed into the wall. I think they were really for rabbits, but they will be perfect to get started with chickens!!! I am so happy. I am slowly but surely getting things done. I saw a tool box that was HUGE and heavy duty plastic for $10 that I should have bought, but wouldn't fit in my little Civic . . .would have made a perfect brooder, dang it. Lots of great bargains!!! Nothing tickles me more than a good yard sale.

2. goldielocks

goldielocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    [​IMG] Thats great. They want like $25 at tractor supply for feeders. You will be enjoying those chickies soon [​IMG]

3. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Went today to some yard sales and found several bargains, :claptoo !

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Our nesting boxes are cat and dog carriers that we have found along the road. Who cares if they are missing the wire door????

5. mschickychick

mschickychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2009
    Mississippi
    Speaking of nesting boxes and bargains. I have been looking for some of these. Wouldn't they work great?
    [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Looks like it works to me!!! The funny thing is that all my birds lay in BACK of the carriers. Cracks me up. I have weird chickens.

7. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    Quote:I love that idea. I have 2 hens laying right now and they lay in the same spot.
    I don't havve these chickens anymore but it is the same shelf. The other hens I had laid in the far left spot. I would see 3 hens in it at a time if they all wanted to lay. Occasionally, when there wasn't room in the left side the unlucky hens would lay in the next space.

Now that my young hens are laying that i kept they are laying in the same place as the others. This shelf has 2 dividing boards that makes 2 spaces the same size and 1 large one which they usually sleep in. That is where the young hens in the pic are. I snapped this when they where getting ready for bed.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by