WE'RE 8 WEEKS OLD...WHAT ARE WE? *PIC HEAVY*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chickaroo!, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    PIC 1
    [​IMG]

PIC 2
    [​IMG]

PIC 3
    [​IMG]

PIC 4
    [​IMG]

PIC 5
    [​IMG]

PIC 6
    [​IMG]

2. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

look like all RIRs to me. exept the last one! i think its an SLW. and looks like u gotta lot of boys.

3. Chickaroo!

Dec 27, 2007
    I hope I don't have alot of boys!! The first 5 I got out of the bin at TSC that said they were all suppose to be female!! The last one I got out of the straight run bin.

4. jmburnzy

jmburnzy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2008
    Townsend
  5. Chickaroo!

Dec 27, 2007
    Wow jmburnzy! They sure do look like yours! That's funny because the girl at TSC said that as soon as the chicks arrived, someone came in and bought all 40 of the RIR's that were sent to them! I was told they were golden comets. Is that really the same thing?

Somebody, either the girl at TSC or the person that bought the 40 chicks were wrong about the breed I guess!

6. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I don't think they are RIRs. RIRs can have some lighter feathers as they are growing in, but those seem to have too much white and overall lighter color than RIRs. I bet they are sex-links (Golden Comets are sex-links). If that is the case, they should all be girls even with those fairly developed combs and beginnings of wattles. I really don't know about the last one though.

7. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    The last one looks like an Easter Egger. The rest look like Rhode Island Reds or maybe Red or Gold Sex-links. And because they came from a hatchery that would explain their less than best coloring so my vote is RIR. And most of them look like roos...

8. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    I think they look just like my Golden Comet pullets. If they are GC's they are all girls. That last one looks like an EE, I have one that's colored like that.

9. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    They sure do look like golden Comets to me, mine look just like yours, they are really great chickens though, good temperments, good layers, and hearty.

10. Chickaroo!

Dec 27, 2007
    I think they look alot like my Lovebug
    [​IMG]

My cousin got some chicks around the same time I did. He knows 3 turned out to be roos because they are growing pretty prominent spurs already. Do all roos grow them early or does it just depend on the breed?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by