We're all super sick - anyone else got this?

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
DH calls it a cold. The doctor said it was viral.

This is like a cold on steroids. Throat so sore I was convinced it was strep. It is not. Bone and joint pain, muscle aches, exhaustion. severe sore throat. Post Nasal drip and clogging. Then serious deep cough that wracks your whole body. Lose your voice.

DH has been sick for two weeks. I really got it now three days ago and it is still getting worse. The doctor said there wasn't much they could do other than treat the symptoms.....

Anyone else or do we have some strange bug??

Ick! Sounds fun!!
hmm.png

Hope ya feel better soon!

I had a cousin that was sick with the same symptoms. After several visits to the doctor, they told her it was bronchitis and gave her steroids and sent her home. A week later, she was still sick. Blood work came back and she had pertussis (whopping cough).

Did the doc test to be sure it's not strep?

When I got strep as a teen... the doctor said it was allergies, because my throat didn't look like a typical case, and sent me home with saline nose spray
roll.png

The next day I lost my voice... but oh, he wouldn't hear of us coming back in.... I was mute for 2 full weeks after that
barnie.gif
and didn't do anything but sleep.
Then when I was finally feeling better, the other people in the house came down with it... and they all got put on heavy duty antibiotics and other meds for their 'horrible' cases of strep
roll.png

Hey, we had that strain up here in Maine. I took my son to the doctor to check for strep. Just a bad virus. They have been bad this year. Feel better soon.

Doc did swab for strep and it was negative.

3-1/2 weeks does not work for me! I am speaking (HA!) at a conference on Thursday. And teaching all week..... I can't do this.
hit.gif

Maine?? Does anyone know what this virus is called??

Yup, I have it too. Just started with me. Youngest had it, then hubby, then the oldest got it and now I have it. It is not fun. I'm going to try garlic pills to see if they help. I've been downing the Vitamin C, but its not helping.
sad.png

We had it. Its a nasty little bug.

Lots of elderberry syrup in your tea. Wonderful stuff

I also drink a warm apple drink that makes me feel a ton better. Apple juice, a squeeze of lemon, some honey, a clove, and a small piece of cinnamon stick. Heat it up and enjoy. I may a huge pot of this usually when we are sick. 1 gal of apple juice, an entire stick of cinnamon, 4 or 5 cloves, a huge amount of honey and the juice of the entire lemon. Its so yummy and it really does make you feel better. ( you may feel like your body heats up after drinking this, like super heated a bit. Thats normal. My kids always say its sweating the cold out of them)

Back
Top Bottom