We're curious what these might have in them...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Cheepy-cheeps, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Cheepy-cheeps

Cheepy-cheeps Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2010
    Ocklawaha
    My mom and sis left us with a few chickens a couple of years back. We now have 2 roos and 2 hens from the same batch. All my mom and sis knew was that there might be some "game" in them. At the time, my grandmother and I didn't know much about chicken breeds. Since then, we've gotten a lot more interested. We know that they're mutts but we wonder what they may have in them.
    [​IMG] This one is Oscar. He's my grandmother's favorite. [​IMG] This one is Olly. Both roos have feathers on their feet and are nearly as big as our brahma roo. The 2 hens from the same batch are both black with slate legs. [​IMG] What we're really curious about are the kids. This is Oscar's old wifey, we lost her recently to racoons, we think she may have been an American Game? [​IMG] Anywho, these are what popped out... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] They're about 3 months old and I have no idea if they're hens or roos. The first one, with all the colors, seems rumpless. The other 2 are mostly black. The last 2 pics are of one with a weird comb. It's smooth and black, not red. So, I'm just curious, what breeds might be in there and what are the genders of our babies? Thanks so much!

2. Firearia

Firearia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oscar and his wife's lil baby... The first one. I swear I see Shamo in there but it might be my imagination. Is that bald spot on him or her always there? Otherwise Im quite confident there is some type of game in there.

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Trust me it is your imagination. [​IMG]

There's a lot of mutts there, the only one I'd be sure on is the one you're thinking has American Game in it - I think you're right, but the picture is pretty small.

4. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    I don't know about what breeds are in them, but Your Babies are two roos and one black pullet. [​IMG]

5. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    Can't help with breeds but Oscar has a very impressive comb! [​IMG]

6. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    Quote:which makes me wonder id oscar is ee crossed with redcap

7. eggboy

eggboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    CA
    Olly looks a bit like a welsummer or marans. Probably marans since he has feathered feet.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  8. Firearia

Firearia Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Trust me it is your imagination. [​IMG]

There's a lot of mutts there, the only one I'd be sure on is the one you're thinking has American Game in it - I think you're right, but the picture is pretty small.

I was quite sure it was my imagination on the Shamo. I think it may have been the pose of the bird.

I don't think you'd be able to figure out all that is in there. There's a lot of mutts as Illa said. So therefore you're going to have a hard time getting a firm grasp on what they're made up of. :3

9. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    From the green legs in the offspring I would say they have easter egger in their background plus game no sure where the feather feet came from

10. Cheepy-cheeps

Cheepy-cheeps Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2010
    Ocklawaha
    Thank you so much. I appreciate the ideas of what might be there. I know they're pretty muddled but I was just hoping for some ideas and I've got a few now. My grandmother is tickled. I have noticed a few that don't appear to have tails, I'm assuming that's from the EE, maybe some Araucana? I'm just hoping for a chance at some colored eggs. The 2 black ladies lay cream colored eggs. Two roos and a hen, figures...[​IMG] more boys my gran won't part with. Oh, I'm sure Oscar appreciates the praise to his comb. He's just getting over a cold and I can't find one of his nostrils under the comb to put some of the medicine on. [​IMG] But, he's doing better and will be strutting his stuff in the yard again in no time. Again, thanks a bunch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by