We're getting an automatic door from the UK.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by WoodlandWoman, Aug 28, 2007.

1. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    My DH just sent me an e-mail. He ordered it today. He's going to put it on our shed coop. We were inspired by the threads on BYC. You enablers! [​IMG]

2. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    Give me details, door for what? Hen house? How does it work?

3. WoodlandWoman

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    http://www.chicken-house.co.uk/vsb_export.htm

It's
    for the chicken door in the coop. The door slides up and down. It uses a motor and pulley to raise the door. You can use the light sensor or a timer to open and close the door.

We can sleep in or stay out past dark and the girls will still get door service! [​IMG]

4. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    So it automatically opens for the fox and raccoon? I would rethink this issue unless you live in a really civilized neighborhood.

Rufus

5. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    No it just closes at dusk at opens at dawn or on a timer. Did you order from the UK? Foy's Pigeon Supplies sells them in the US. They always have a full page ad in Backyard Poultry.

6. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    That is sooooooo cool. It's on my list to order this week. Everyone that I've talked to really really really likes theirs.
    I'm so excited for you.

mack: Is it cheaper from the US? I've only heard about the one from UK, but here they give excellent customer service.

I was going to order it on Mon, but been sooooo busy.

7. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    Smitty's Farm :

mack: Is it cheaper from the US? I've only heard about the one from UK, but here they give excellent customer service.

I don't know, I don't have one, but see the ads every month is Backyard Poultry. It is the same model from the same company. The prices look comparable but it depends upon the exchange rate. Lately it's been around $2 US to 1 GBP. The prices on the UK website include shipping which they estimate at two weeks unless you want to pay for faster service.​

8. WoodlandWoman

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Yes, we ordered from Wells, in the UK.

9. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    What happens if it closes and all the girls aren't in yet?

10. WoodlandWoman

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    That's what my new web cam is for. [​IMG]

Seriously, I haven't heard of that being a problem for any of the people on here, when others asked the same question.

At least the DH is enjoying himself. In addition to being called the King of the Overbuilders, I often call him Tech Boy. As long as he is happy, that's fine by me. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by