We're growing up fast. With PICS

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Happy Chooks, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    My babies that I hatched are now 7 weeks old. I was looking at them today thinking how beautiful they all are. My welsummer pullets have a gorgeous blue/gray undercoat. I never realized they would have that coloring. (I thought they would just be brown) It is simply stunning. And my welsummer cockeral is starting to get the blue/green colors in his tail. I'm so incredibly thrilled with the quality of the chicks.

So...........on to the pics.

Unnamed BR cockeral
    [​IMG]

Moose, my welsummer cockeral.
    [​IMG]

Feisty, welsummer pullet.
    [​IMG]

Cleopatra, welsummer pullet.
    [​IMG]

2. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Lovely.

3. BLaBauve

BLaBauve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Georgia
    Cute chicks. Did you build your coop or purchase it? Do you have any pictures of the whole thing?

4. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:Got it off craigslist. The guy used it for 10 days before he took the 2 chickens he got back to the guy he got them from. The only down side is it has no window. I'm going to have my husband add a small window for extra light. I'm only using it as a "grow out" coop until they are big enough to go in with the older chickens. Then I will use it for broodies and future chicks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. BLaBauve

Jun 14, 2009
    Georgia
    Thanks for the pics! I love it!

6. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:No problem. I had the wheels off it when I took the pic. You can see them in the nesting box, but they go on really easy. Then you can pull it wherever you want. It's a really nice design, just wish it had a window. I have it where my older ones can see the babies, so they will get used to each other without anybody losing heads.

7. BLaBauve

Jun 14, 2009
    Georgia
    I have a "grow up" coop that I use a lot - but looking for a bigger one currently . . . that is still appealing to the eye.

8. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Pretty birds and a great looking coop. [​IMG]

9. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:Thanks! I always thought my hatchery birds were beautiful, but these non hatchery birds are simply gorgeous. I'm so happy with them.

10. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    Very pretty! Can't wait to see pics of them when they get older. I think Welsummers are beautiful and I love there egg color. [​IMG] I like your coop also thats pretty nice and convenient.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by