WE'RE HATHING!! 2 DAYS EARLY!?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by willow, Apr 25, 2009.

1. willow

willow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2008
    Sherman, NY
    Wow! My new little ones are hatching!! [​IMG] [​IMG] I wasn't expecting them until Sunday BUT looks like we have some little fighters! I haven't figured out who's eggs they are yet but I'll let you know soon. My biggest problem is: I must NOT open the 'bator!! [​IMG]

I tried a totally different way of incubating this year. After reading posts from all my favorite "Eggsperts" I-

1. Put the eggs in cartons with holes in the bottoms. I also have duck eggs in them but have read some poor results on them, we'll see.

2. I turned the 'bators instead of opening it several times daily to hand turn.

3. I kept the humidity between the 30's and 40's until hatch time.

I must have done some thing right because they really are hatching! [​IMG]

A VERY special thanks to yoletrapper, shortcake1806, royster and TFPets for sending the eggs to me for this go round! [​IMG]

I'll keep you updated. I'll get photos ASAP when I CAN let myself open the *&#%@^ "bator! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    Congrats!!! I am on my first hatch, and out of 12, I think only 3 are coming along. [​IMG]

Anyway, congrats!!! [​IMG] This is such a learning process!

3. willow

willow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2008
    Sherman, NY
    Last year was my first incubating myself and boy, was I disapointed [​IMG]
    But it's all a learning experience [​IMG]

Good luck and remember-If at first you don't have a good hatch, well, try again and again...BUT be warned- this is addicting!! [​IMG]

4. EricShane

EricShane Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    SouthWestern Ohio
    my brother and I each went in on half of the LG and Turner Yesterday.. and we got her set up and I went out and brought in 18 eggs and we put in there.. my brother has some fancy equipment that hes been using anyway (from his own line of work) like an LED laser Thermometer that gives you the temperature of each egg and stuff.. we'll 'see' if that all works.. *sarcastic voice* --- after his last idea of building an incubator out of 'mass' from Cement Blocks and Metal cans on the garage floor didnt work so well... LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by