We're Moving! House pics added pg 3!!

startingover

Songster
10 Years
May 15, 2009
Northern Kentucky
So in a month we are moving to a new house. This totally was not planned at all but I am not going to say no! opportunities happen for a reason even if we can't figure out why. We had no intention of moving from our current house for several years at least if ever. So now after I have everything set up here at home I get to do it all over again. When we bought this house there was not a single outbuilding and we had to build them all to house all the animals we have here.

So at any rate the new house is 88 acres and house like six different outbuildings on it. All of the acreage except maybe 2 acres is all pastureland. It is completely fenced which is a huge plus. The house was built in the 30s and is very solid and all the systems are new which is also great. I hope these pictures work I've never gotten him from photo bucket before since I got my new phone.

So here is the building that I have decided is going to be the chicken coop Wanted to get some ideas from you guys to see what you think. This picture was taken from the house so you can see that it is not that far away from it. It's the yellow colored building.

8AA09EF1.jpg

This is the side I think I will use for the actual coop. It has a large sliding door on it. I will have to create some type of screen door or something behind it so that the birds cannot get out that way. I have not taken true measurements of the size but my guess is it is approximately 12 x 16'. There are not any windows in it currently. I think where there's no wood on the right hand side I will create a window there. I will probably put one on the back to because it will get sun all day then. Also on the backside will be the pop door and it will open into the field behind it.

68174318.jpg

this is the other half of the building that I think I will use for a feed room. I plan to start mixing my own feed and this will allow me to store quite a bit at a time.

D00FD5A7.jpg

This picture shows the backside of the coop and also the door to the feed room. You can see the fence for the field.

6CAC7CE8.jpg

This is just an overview of all the outbuildings and some of the field. Obviously the fields are in dire need of cutting.

305BB87B.jpg

This is the house for those that are interested.
292A7F64.jpg

Okay sure hope these pictures work. Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited:
Wow! Congrats...it all looks wonderful out there...all that space
ep.gif
the shed looks great. A lot of space and also all that wood laying around you could use all those pieces for things. Will be a bit of work but looks like a great startin place and easy to turn into the girls new home.

Keep us updated...

Great find!! House is adorable. So much character. Great out buildings. It's gonna be a lot of work to do, but it's doable. Good Luck!
thumbsup.gif

How excciting! I love the look of the house, and having the outbildings is such a plus. And the fencing - is it field fence, not just barbwire? I'd love to have that opportunity for a new home on acreage, too - you couldn't pass it up! I'm sure you'll easily convert the shed into the coop/run that you need. All the basics are there! Happy, Happy!
big_smile.png

The farm was used as a Cattle farmfor decades. All the fencing along the road and down one side is field fence. I believe the left side which would be the north side is Barbwire it goes into the woods in one corner so I have not walked the whole thing. I also have not looked at the back fence so I'm not sure what kind of fencing it is. Yes some cleaning up will go a long way since the sheds have not been used in probably about 5 to 10 years. All of the buildings have electric run to them. There is also a separate cistern for the barn and outbuildings but I have not figured out how or where the water is running yet. It seems as though somebody may have taken or removed any water faucets or fittings. But I can manage until spring to just run water from the house. Are horses are going to be so excited to have all that room and no mud! I think we have decided to lock the guineas up in the big barn by themselves for a winter. That way they have enough room to run around but I've got them locked up in their new home. I would hate to punish the chickens by locking them up all winter to when they don't need to be. That's why we've decided to separate them.

Last edited:
Beautiful house and looks like a gorgeous area too, I'm jealous! The nosy parker in me wants to see inside the house too!
big_smile.png

I just got a new phone a few days ago and I do not have any pictures of the inside of the house on this phone. As soon as I can I will post some pictures of the inside when I get to my computer. I don't mind sharing I like to look at the inside of houses to. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom