We're overdrawn :(

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Tala, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

For some reason my paycheck didn't get to town till after 9pm. Grrrr

DH's direct deposit which used to get here on Wednesday night, now should come on Thursday,

. . . . didn't get here today either!!!!!!!!

How does both of our jobs somehow manage to not pay us on the same payday??

Now we're -$80 because I thought his $700 was in the bank already. It's direct deposit for a reason, so it will just BE there, so I don't have to worry about it. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Sorry, that really stinks. I hope tomorrow is a better day for ya! [​IMG]

3. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I know the feeling.

4. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    We've never been paid late, only early, yet we've still managed to be overdrawn. The feeling of anxiety that comes with it, plus the penalty fees, ACK! [​IMG]

I HATE that feeling.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Hon, I would talk to the bank. The ONE time happened with my check, it was the banks fault and not mine. 99.9% of all direct deposits go in at 12:01 am.... Make a call.

6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:Oh my check is at work because they came in after I left.
    I'm goin in early tomorrow and takin it to the bank so I can discuss it then. I'll be good and crabby by then too, especially if I have to wake up early [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  7. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    My Mama always said "you get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar"

When you go to the bank it may help to let them know that this was the first time this has happened. Most of the times they will forgive a "good" customer.

8. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:Naaa we overdrawn last month because of my mistake.
    Really makes me look bad to overdraw two paydays in a row, huh?
    I thought we were doing really good to wait until late Thursday to go to WM I got some power steering fluid and windshield wiper blades for the truck, cat food, people food, ya know nothing out of the ordinary.

But like I said the money used to be there at midnight on Wednesday, or at least by business hours on Thursday....something went terribly wrong, and this time it wasn't my math.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  9. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

That sucks. At least you realized it sooner than later! I had a friend overdraw so many times that she racked up over 1000 in fees! [​IMG]

I love my credit card since I can just not worry about over spending on it, and when the end of the month rolls around, move the right amount of funds over to pay for it and not have to worry about overdrawing.

Just ask nicely and maybe the bank can work something out with you since direct deposit should have been there. Nothing you can really do about your paper check not being there unfortunately.

10. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:Naaa we overdrawn last month because of my mistake.
    Really makes me look bad to overdraw two paydays in a row, huh?
    I thought we were doing really good to wait until late Thursday to go to WM I got some power steering fluid and windshield wiper blades for the truck, cat food, people food, ya know nothing out of the ordinary.

But like I said the money used to be there at midnight on Wednesday, or at least by business hours on Thursday....something went terribly wrong, and this time it wasn't my math.

You can still ask if they are willing to drop one if not all of the overdraft fees. Usually they will at least reverse one of them. Good luck! Sorry you had to go through this. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by