We're ROCKING!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Miss Red, May 28, 2010.

1. Miss Red

Miss Red Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Trinity, Texas
    Went out to check Hen 10's eggs with the light, helper SWORE she saw an egg move. We watched at least three of the nine due wednesday rock. How long until they start pippin and zippin?

I've got another broody to finish the eggs off (I've got some as far as two weeks behind because piggy will only lay UNDER a broody hen...) And another that went broody today to put whatevers left under from Mamba's hatch.

I'm so excited! 22 eggs left incubating this season. Maybe more if the girls go broody again.

2. Miss Red

Apr 26, 2010
    Trinity, Texas
    I've got chicks! One claret, one EE, two EE's pippin and zippin'. This is eggciting!

3. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    [​IMG]

4. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:Yay!! You ARE hatching .. this is great fun, isn't it!?!?!

5. Miss Red

Apr 26, 2010
    Trinity, Texas
    Still just the two out. I'm waiting on number three to be out so I can start moving them to brooder. My nephew and the neighbor girl (helper) have been making me check the chicks hourly. Chick three has a pretty good sized pip going, chick four hasn't done much. Peeping from the 8 and 5 eggs were heard. That makes FIVE out of the nine due wednesday early birds! Their mama is a bad mama, she doesn't raise well so we will be taking her chicks.

For those confused on my broodies, I have NINE right now... Cause I'm sure I confused some... Of course there's Hen 10 whose hatching.

Porch hen is sitting on a rock, and isn't quite broody yet.

Mamba has nine eggs due in a week. (So whatever eggs left from Hen 10 due in a week go under her)

Hen 7 is broody on a light bulb. She'll be getting the two week from now-ers.

Baldy is getting ready to go broody, she'll be getting Hen 7's leftovers if she does if not I can only pray I've still got broodies!

Hens 4 and 29 are both brooding under the house.

Then I have two girls clucking but I haven't found where they hid their nests.

Pictures once everyones in the brooder!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by