Were they araucanas? Australian ones? :O

magicpigeon

Songster
9 Years
Oct 9, 2010
I was at a market a few weeks ago where they were selling two birds for $10 total. I didn't pay much attention to them but took some photos of the rooster next to them. Looking at the photos now, I see there were two hens which were rumpless, had slatey-greenish legs, but no muffs. They were bantam sized and I automatically assumed since they were from a "Paddy's Market" they were not purebed. Now I'm kicking myself for not buying them, as I suspect they were araucanas! One was pure white and the other, brown with some white (almost speckled). They had smallish combs, I can't quite tell from the pic, which I am trying to upload with my phone. (samsung?).

Thanks
smile.png

The Aussie araucana standard calls for a tail, although a rumpless one will pop up once in a while (it is also common with Aussie RIR's). But the colour description says to me that they are probably X breeds. I would love to see pics if possible :)

Quote:
x2

Often the most common colors of Araucana outside the US are Lavender and Black. I've yet to see a rumpless one in Aussie.

Back
Top Bottom