Wesley and Willis my Welsummer roos. Opinions?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Hooterville, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Hooterville

Hooterville Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi all,
    These are pics of my two hatchery welsummer roos. I don't have my Standard yet and was just wondering how these guys measure up. I'm not showing them or anything, just want to see if they are close to what they should be! [​IMG]

Wesley (notice his chest colors)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wesley on left, Willis on right

[​IMG]

Willis
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Willis has a solid black chest and black in his hackle feathers. Wesley's are more of a solid color.

What do you think of them?

Thanks for looking!
    Becky

2. chickNjake

chickNjake Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2008
    east tn
    Hmm... I like them both, but I think Willis looks better [​IMG] too bad I know nothing about welsummers! Great looking birds!

edited to fix grammar

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  3. Felicitas

Felicitas Chillin' With My Peeps

Great looking birds. Hilarious names! [​IMG]

4. Hooterville

Thanks! I just don't know the standard yet. I have ordered mine, but it still isn't here.

I've been trying to name everyone I have, but I'm sometimes short on imagination. [​IMG]

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
  6. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Mine is 5 1/2 months old (Hatched June 16th) and has an all black chest also. He has very dark red feathers as well. Not the red/orange most do. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I forgot to add that my roo's name is Wellington.
    Also, as long as he produces daughters that lay a good dark egg, I don't really care what color he is. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  8. Hooterville

Thanks for the link!

Shellie/Loren--he's a beautiful bird! Does he seem bossy at all? One of mine has a definite attitude about him. He was first to crow and he's already trying to woo the ladies.

He's very uppity! [​IMG]

9. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Wellington crows and dances around but my bantam Serama roo beats him up, so he gets an attitude adjustment once in a while. [​IMG]

10. Hooterville

That's what mine needs! I caught him this morning grabbing my beautiful white EE's neck. She was screaming and not wanting a thing to do with him. I hope this is just hormones!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by