West Central Wisconsin Small-Batch Chicken Processors

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by JoAnn_WI_4-H_Mom, Dec 20, 2011.

1. JoAnn_WI_4-H_Mom

JoAnn_WI_4-H_Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2009
    West Central WI
    Yes I know I should do it myself. However, I have gotten in the habit of taking my young roosters and older hens to an Amishman to process for me. This allows me to hatch and raise more birds each year than I would do if I was processing all by myself. No, spouse and children will not assist.

Well, the Amishman sold out and is moving.

So while you are allowed to make fun of me a little for not doing my own processing, what I am really looking for is leads to West Central Wisconsin Small-Batch Chicken Processors. These are usually batches of 12-25 birds once or twice a year.

Thank you,
    JoAnn

2. Darin115

Darin115 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Asheboro, NC
    I can't help you find a procesor but I do the same as you, pay someone to process my chickens for me. Makes life much easier and the expense is well worth it.

Darin

3. mommyofthreewithchicks

mommyofthreewithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    I do the same. Not in WI but Kenyon meats in kenyon mn have done two batches for me this summer.

4. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    If the Amishman is still around, could you ask him if he knows anyone else who does small scale butchering?
    Maybe he can set you up with a friend/neighbor of his that would like the work and that you don't know about.

5. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Heck, if I could find a processor that would do the number of birds we need and not charge me out of my price-range, I would do it too.

6. kingsfarm

kingsfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    How much do you pay to have your chickens processed?

7. BlackBrookPoultry

BlackBrookPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Western Wisconsin
    How far are you from Clear Lake? There's one there.

8. Engteacher

Engteacher Poultry, Poetry, and Prose

Sep 1, 2009
    Hastings, MN
    I saw a posting in the coin-op laundromat for a processor in Prescott, WI. I believe they are mobile and come to your place. If you're interested, I'll look for it and send it to you. PM me if you want me to check for you.

9. Farmangel

Farmangel New Egg

Apr 12, 2013
    Hampton Township, MN
    Engteacher,

I am interested in the name of the person in Prescott that does the processing. Please inbox me with the info, or post it on here. I'm from Hampton township (10 miles south of Hastings).

Angel

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by