1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

West Georgia has excess water. Who needs some ?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PunkerTechnoRoo?ter, Apr 2, 2009.

1. PunkerTechnoRoo?ter

PunkerTechnoRoo?ter Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Georgia
    It has rained 17 out 21 days the last three weeks here in Columbus, Georgia.
    I cant plant my transplants, seedlings, or seeds period cause the ground is so wet I sink a foot into the ground !
    Good thing my chicks still have 3 weeks to go before they go outside !
    I love rain and thunder every now and then, but this is beginning to cause cabin fever.

2. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Can you send some to Northern California please [​IMG]

3. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    I am maybe 3 hours from you and it has rained over 10" in 4 days, and still raining. The place is little lakes. My garden is drowning. My 5 week old chicks are in their coop and I just came in from fussing over them and trying to keep them dry enough to survive. Forecast isn't comforting either. This is about as bad as when the remnants of hurricanes come through.

4. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    WOOOOW!!! We diddnt even GET ten inches of rain all last year!! Maybe six....

I would love to have it! Can you just tell it to come west? [​IMG]

5. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Actually, we need it, we have been in a drought for several years. Just not so much at once!

I would be paranoid about water if I lived in the western US.

6. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    I am tired of shoveling wet chicken poop !!! My pens have water standing in them.. Please we need the rain but how abouta 2 week break with some sun to dry some of this up !! Our pond is overflowing out the pipe , of course the ducks love it ... the Chickens not so much !!!

7. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    I AM SICK OF THE RAIN!....everyday forever....we cannot get my sons baseball games in....I cant work outside....

8. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Seeing how shipping of rain is pretty cheap i hear;)[​IMG] Can you send some out to us aussies. We always need rain here. Alot of our kids don't know what it is like to not live in drought under water restrictions.

9. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    I am with you on baseball games as well not 1 game played yet !! And practice was rained out again today !!!!

10. Feathered Wings

Feathered Wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    I found a use for all this rain [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Ducks just love it [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by