West Virginia Roos--good homes for the boys??

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Hooterville, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Hooterville

Hooterville Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi all,
    I have several roos that I would love to find a good home for. They are from Cackle hatchey so they are not SQ--however they are very handsome boys.

I have 1 each, Welsummer, Partridge Cochin, and Light Brahma. And I have 2 Cuckoo Marans.

They've all been handled and while they're not lap roos, they don't freak out when held, either.

They are 16 weeks old.

I'm in Parkersburg, WV just across the Ohio river from the Belpre/Marietta area.

Please let me know if you're interested--! [​IMG]

Becky

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Do you have a pic of your Light Brahma roo? I may be interested, I'm in the Elkins area.......

3. Hooterville

Hooterville Chillin' With My Peeps

I have an older, not very good pic, when he was about 6 weeks--he was slow to feather out, but he's caught up now. I'll get a newer one tomorrow.

Boomer
    [​IMG]

This is a pic of Billy, the first one I figured out was a roo. (about 14 wks)
    [​IMG]

I'm not familiar with the standard or anything so I don't know how they measure up as far as that goes. Boomer's comb isn't as large as Billy's yet. Today is actually the first day I saw Boomer's saddle feathers--I had thought he was a she.
    They are nice guys!
    Thanks!

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Sent you a PM .....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by