Western NY: Blue Cockerel Needs Good Home

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by CherylR, Nov 7, 2013.

1. CherylR

CherylR Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Western NY
    I have a handsome blue cockerel that needs a new home as soon as possible. He is a large fowl cochin mix and was hatched on June 9th of this year. He his very healthy and is well behaved with people and my older birds. I actually wouldn't mind keeping him but my husband is getting less tolerant of my roos (I guess I can't blame him too much- I have 8!) and would like me to find homes for some of them. Please let me know if you would like this sweet guy to hang out with and look out for your girls. I am in western New York, between Buffalo and Jamestown. Thanks!

These photos were taken today 11/7/13 (sorry they are not great quality!)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Western NY
    My Coop
    I just wanted to give some feedback for anyone thinking of adopting this bird... a year ago I didn't know Cheryl from Joe on the street, so I am not biased in saying this, but I went to adopt a bird from her last fall. I was, and continue to be, impressed with her care of them and the health of her birds. Her cochins are very sweet and mellow birds. Cheryl is also very sweet and a kind lady. She has gone out of her way to help me over the last year. :)

3. CherylR

CherylR Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Western NY
    Ohmigoodness! Thanks for your very kind words, Jennifer! Your endorsement means a great deal to me! :)

*Jennifer has also reminded me that I should add that this fellow was vaccinated for Marek's as a day-old chick!* Thanks again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by