Western Oklahoma Chickens

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Cowboy_Shamblin, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Cowboy_Shamblin

Cowboy_Shamblin Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2010
    Elk City
    Where I live near Elk City Oklahoma it is windy dry and hot. You must never let your chickens run out of water or they will dehydrate and die.

2. poultryand bees

poultryand bees ~Drives a Magic Poultry Van~

Feb 4, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    All of Oklahoma has experienced several weeks of unusually hot weather. Shade and plenty of water are important to keep your poultry healthy this summer.

I see from some of your posts that you raise a wide variety of poultry. Come on over to the Okies in the BYC thread and tell us about your poultry. I have some Saipan Jungle Fowl and Malays and think they are the greatest broody hens ever and that their personality is great. They make wonderful mother hens. I also have some red golden pheasants and am looking for a hen for my yellow golden pheasant male.

3. nnbreeder

nnbreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Quote:It's supposed to be that way this time of year. Winter is cold, windy and dry.

So how are things besides dry out your way? The rain has sure been spotty this year, it would sure be nice if a big line of rain would form out in the Tx. Panhandle and give the state a good soaking. Talked to a guy the other day that got rained out of the field last Sunday but he just had to move 2 miles North to be able to work ground again.

4. ChknPoo

ChknPoo Just Hatched

Feb 27, 2017
    I use to live is Sayre, and Cheyenne you are correct about that wind for sure!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by