Westminster

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by eggcited2, Feb 15, 2012.

1. eggcited2

eggcited2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    I enjoyed watching the Westminster Dog Show the past couple nights. I love seeing all the dogs.

My only disapointment was that the wirehaired dashund didn;t win best of show. I thought he was so cute and showed so well. Maybe next year.[​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Beautiful group winners across the board. When the dachshund won the hound group, she was at the top of her game. I didn't think that she was as 'up' in the BIS judging - perhaps the noise, flashing lights and commotion shut her down. The doberman and Irish setter showed their butts off. Just a personal feeling here - I absolutely hate what has been done to the GSD. He was an absolutely gorgeous animal from his nose back to the end of his rib cage and a 'freak' from there back. Just a strongly biased opinion.

3. Capvin

Capvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    I just really hated that the Peke was the winner. I think that it is just a freak of nature and really should not be competing in a dog contest but would be more at home in a rodent category. I would have gladly accepted either the doberman, the Irish Setter, the German Shepard or the Dalmation as the ultimate winner because all were just fantastic. What they picked as best in show is not even a dog.

4. Ga Chicken Mom

Ga Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    The Dobe is a beauty and she showed perfectly. Of course I'm prejudiced having two Dobes snuggled up beside me on the sofa. What about the Kerry Blue Terrier? The judge has raised terriers, I thought the race was between the Dobe and the terrier. What a surprised she picked the peke.

5. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    So the Dobe won the working category?....Awesome!

6. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    those pekes always seem to do well.... why I have NO idea. I thought the dobe should have gotten it!

7. PoultryPlot

PoultryPlot Out Of The Brooder

I wish the Dobe had won too. I also thought it was interesting that the Great Pyranese (sp)? (though didn't get best of class) Even though she was a show dog she still worked guarding free range CHICKENS!!! I got so excited about that ha ha

8. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    X2 on the GSD . The body was too long and the hock are to long too. Can't beleave JImmy showed that dog.

9. Ole and Lena

Ole and Lena Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Wright Co Minnesota
    How did that GSD get that far??!! Looked great in the front half, back half should disqualify it from breeding. Saw a lot of working and sporting breeds with a pronounced lack of robustness in the hips and poor muscle tone in the HQ on dogs that are supposed to work or hunt for a living. You couldn't have given me the Golden retriever that showed but that dog probably draws multiple thousands of dollars to pass on those horrible genes. AKC conformity standards have done more harm to many great breeds than unscrupulous breeders. Too much emphasis on shiney coats, colors and face/ear/height/length proportions, too little on healthy joints and muscle tone. I really liked the Dobey and Irish Setter, don't know enough about the terrier to judge.

I hate when stupid toy breeds win BIS. Worthless "dogs" all of them. At least a dang French Poodle didn't win this time.

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I missed it!!!!!!!!!!!!:( Anyone know what happend with WatchDogs??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by