1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Weston, my grandson

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gessieviolet, Jan 12, 2008.

1. gessieviolet

gessieviolet Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you all for your kind comments and encouragement. It seems Weston is responding. He is still in a light comma, but is responding to commands. Imagine my thrill today when I walked in and asked him to blink for me, then to swallow and without hesitation he did both--while looking straight at me!!! I had worked with him day before yesterday on blinking to say "I love you" to his mother with his eyes ( 3 consecutive blinks) which he seemed to do. Frankly, I wasn't really sure,(even thought she told me repeatedly that he was using the system ) but today there was NO MISTAKING the response.

He has been accepted in the Children's Hospital at Scottish Rite in Atlanta, Ga. This is one of the best child trauma treatment facilities around from what we are told and they would not have considered admitting him were he not a candidate for rehab--sad but true, they must consider THEIR reputation when deciding whether they will accept candidates--if negative chance for recovery they will not accept. This give me a lot of hope for Weston.

All the family is elated, understandably. We thank God and all those who have expressed an interest in Weston. Prayers and calls have literally come from all over the world, Afghanistan, Ethiopia, Canada, of course, all the USA--response has been unbelievable.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I am now one hopeful "Gran-pa" now.

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Great News..........prayer works...........God is awesome.............he gave you your hope back......... so happy to hear !

3. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Great!!! I truly hope he makes a full recovery. My prayers will continue your Grandsons way. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Great news!!!
    Scottish Rite is world class.
    Glad to hear they've accepted him. [​IMG]

5. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    That's Terrific! Prayers to Weston for a speedy recovery.

6. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    So very glad!

7. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    Wonderful news !!!

Continued best wishes and prayers to you're family.

Julie [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by