Wet doggies are happy doggies!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Tala, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

We went to the river yesterday, and barely made it back before it came a summer storm. The pups didn't mind a bit though!
    And DH"s truck smelled like wet dog for the rest of the night [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]
    Can I interest you in some febreeze stock?

3. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

ROFL [​IMG] I have some leftover rubber mat, and I think it's enough to make a mat to cover up his interior carpet so maybe the smell won't "seep" in [​IMG]

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I bought DH some cargo mats last year, designed to fit the cargo area of his jeep, but the dogs slip and slide on them. He opted for a piece of carpet instead. When the dogs get it dirty - did I mention Kane gets carsick, ALOT? - he just takes it out and hoses it down.
    Dogs, like kids, only dogs shed more. [​IMG]

5. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:I bought DH some cargo mats last year, designed to fit the cargo area of his jeep, but the dogs slip and slide on them. He opted for a piece of carpet instead. When the dogs get it dirty - did I mention Kane gets carsick, ALOT? - he just takes it out and hoses it down.
    Dogs, like kids, only dogs shed more. [​IMG]

Hmmm this one has a slick side and a ribbed side. Maybe the ribs will help?

Whoever decided that carpet was a good idea in the cargo hold anyway??? [​IMG]

6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

The rubber matting that I have is about 1/2" thick, and comes on a roll from TSC. You can get different sizes, mine is 4 ft x 8ft I think. I got it in the horse section, it says can be used for work area mats etc. It has a semi-smooth side and a side with ribbs for grip.
    I originally bought it to put in the bottom of Hawk's XL wire crate because his claws and the wires made too much noise on the plastic tray that came with it. The piece that was left fit in the back of DH's Explorer almost perfect size. (You can cut it to fit with a box knife) I tried it today, semi-smooth side up because of the way it had been rolled. The dogs rode on it just fine! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by