Wet Feather

Jun 13, 2022
Hello!

I have a 25 week old Indian runner Duck in my flock who looks like she experiencing wet feather? I notice water running off all the other ducks but she seems soaked all the time. I had a good look over her and see that her undercoat/down is still dry. I had a look at her preening gland and it looms okay? I cant find a picture to compare it to. Doesnt look red and sore. I looked deeply in her feathers to the skin and couldnt see any sighs of lice or mites either. I did a general look over her and apart from her being a bit smaller than the rest, she looks fine. Any advice as to what causes a low weight and wet feather? All the rest of the flock are fine.

Thank you

Hello!

I have a 25 week old Indian runner Duck in my flock who looks like she experiencing wet feather? I notice water running off all the other ducks but she seems soaked all the time. I had a good look over her and see that her undercoat/down is still dry. I had a look at her preening gland and it looms okay? I cant find a picture to compare it to. Doesnt look red and sore. I looked deeply in her feathers to the skin and couldnt see any sighs of lice or mites either. I did a general look over her and apart from her being a bit smaller than the rest, she looks fine. Any advice as to what causes a low weight and wet feather? All the rest of the flock are fine.

Thank you
I wish I could help but I have no experience with wet feather. Maybe you could post a picture of her here to give people an idea. Also, search for some wet feather threads on BYC and maybe you can find some help.

Back
Top Bottom