wet/shiny spot on eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by coltssuperbowl83, Dec 19, 2010.

1. coltssuperbowl83

coltssuperbowl83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Kingsville
    Ok just wondering because i haven't really noticed before now but some of my eggs have a wet/shiny looking spot on them.... is this from the humidity or are these spots the chicks are starting to pip at?? How can you tell if your chick is starting to pip? Is it just a guess? Any advice on what to look for other than a hole would be greatly appreciated.[​IMG]

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

Nothing to look for other than a crack.

3. mitch324

mitch324 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2009
    Macedon, NY
    I usually hear them first, then I aways think I saw a egg move so I stare into the incubator for an hour to confirm it. Evently they make a tiny crack [​IMG]

4. SpeckledPullet

SpeckledPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2010
    Northeast Florida
    Quote:So I'm not the only one? LOL

To the OP, what day are the eggs at? If they are not yet ready to hatch, I'd be concerned about sweating. If they are due to hatch, then start watching for the pips and listening for the chirps. [​IMG]

JMHO

5. coltssuperbowl83

coltssuperbowl83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Kingsville
    Quote:So I'm not the only one? LOL

To the OP, what day are the eggs at? If they are not yet ready to hatch, I'd be concerned about sweating. If they are due to hatch, then start watching for the pips and listening for the chirps. [​IMG]

JMHO

My eggs are at day 23. Had the first one hatch yesterday morning and nothing yet from the other.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by