We've named them. Well 2 of them.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by epona4, Oct 24, 2008.

1. epona4

epona4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Even though we don't have any yet.

Now if you're not a Mystery Men fan, you might not get it, but I still had to share.

Back story: Last week DS, his girlfriend and DD went to the chicken show in Lebanon Indiana. DD saw some Polish Bantams and got very excited. DS walked up behind her and said "Disco is dead!" To which we both replied "Disco is NOT dead." (Line from the movie)

So today it dawned on me...our first two Polish hens will be named Tony C and Tony P. Two of the main bad guys in the movie who are stuck in the disco era.

I realize, it's one of those "Ya had to be there things", but I couldn't help but share. I'm HOPING there's at least one person who reads this who gets it!! [​IMG]

b

2. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    I didn't get it.

But I thought you were going to name one...disco is dead and the other...disco is not dead.

that'd be funny. disco and disco dead.

anyway...

my girls are little and not into Mystery Man.

sounds like there's some funny lines though.

me,
    g

3. digitS'

digitS' Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2007
    ID/WA border
    I've had small flocks of chickens many times over many years. Other than the roosters, which I haven't had in decades, the hens have mostly gone unnamed. That is, unless you count #1, #2, or "Greedy Chicken" - and such. Oh, there was a Goldie when I was a child.

The BYC people have forced me to name my current pullets [​IMG], all 4 of them. I named them after actresses of my youth: Edna May (aka #1), Spring, Olivia, and Yvonne.

This may be similar but to your chicken names or may be not. I predate disco and so, am no longer culturally literate.

Steve

4. epona4

Oct 14, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I figure we won't name all of our chickens, however my eldest DD and I decided that the ones we DO name will be characters from some of our favorite family movies.

But then again, maybe it's not a good idea. When she was 4 or 5 she got some fish for Christmas. She named them "Aladin", "Jasmine" and "Geni". We had them a week. 2 of them jumped ship. (found one 2 days later dried to the side of the book shelf!! Thought the cat had got it.)

b

5. digitS'

digitS' Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2007
    ID/WA border
    Gee, I decided to look up Mystery Men on imdb.com. Hey! I saw that movie on cable about 4 or 5 months ago. I remember Ben Stiller, especially, as "Mr. Furious."

Those teenagers may be spending too much time in front of the TV . . . or maybe they're just like us guys back in the day pretending to be Steve McQueen.

Steve (McQueen [​IMG])

Vin: It's like a fellow I once knew in El Paso. One day, he just took all his clothes off and jumped in a mess of cactus. I asked him that same question, "Why?"
    Calvera: And?
    Vin: He said, "It seemed to be a good idea at the time."

6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

NOOOOOOOOOOOO if you name them you can't eat them!!! THat's the rule!!

7. epona4

Oct 14, 2008
    Central Indiana
    digitS' :

I remember Ben Stiller, especially, as "Mr. Furious."

Those teenagers may be spending too much time in front of the TV . . . or maybe they're just like us guys back in the day pretending to be Steve McQueen.
    [/i]

Personally, I pretended to be Evil Knievel and Wonder Woman. (Typically not at the same time!) [​IMG]

I think my whole family knows Mystery Men and Galaxy Quest by heart. About 2 or 3 times a year we get in the mood to watch it as a family. It's a lot of fun. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  8. epona4

Oct 14, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Quote:DH asked us "You realize I'll be cutting their fuzzy little heads off one day, right?"

I know that. But for our family, those names are just TOO perfect!

Besides, I'm thinking Tony C. stands for Tony Crunchy and Tony P...Tony Pot Pie. [​IMG]

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I thought you were going to name one of your chickens "Disco." For some reason, that sounds like an awesome name for a Polish chicken.

10. epona4

Oct 14, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Quote:If we get more than two, that will have to be a name! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by