Greystone farm

Songster
Jul 7, 2020
Hey everyone!
My Welsh Harlequin duckling Charlie is six weeks old. I bought her as a sexed female, but now I’m not so sure if ‘she’ is actually a drake.
First off, her beak never turned purplish black like my other duckling (who I’m positive is a female) did. It’s a lightish pink with a black tip and speckles in the centre, just like when I bought her as a day oldIt isn’t at all olive colored like a drake either.
Next, her voice never changed. While my other duckling’s voices became more like quacks, Charlie’s stayed the same…but it still sounds too loud to be a male. It’s like a loud, sort of deep chirp but not a quack. It can be raspy when she’s stressed.
And finally, her head feathering is different. My other WH has a light brown head but as Charlie’s feathers come in, I can see hers is a greyish black color.
I’ve attached a photo. I hope Charlie is a female because I already have a drake and can’t keep two 😞
Thanks in advance ❤️
ALSO I know his/her face is a little bloated…it’s from a sinus blockage or infection that she/he has been struggling to overcome for a few weeks.

Attachments

• DDEED01B-2067-45C0-8667-59CF95405365.jpeg
    DDEED01B-2067-45C0-8667-59CF95405365.jpeg
    297 KB · Views: 39

Back
Top Bottom