Whacked delusional neighbor vent

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by write2caroline, Jun 8, 2011.

1. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    OMGosh, I need to vent.

My next door neighbor is certifiable. Literally.

Today as I am refilling the waterers in my chicken run he drives over on the road and mumbles that he has me on video from his phone and says he videoed me tresspassing in his yard. Which I have not done, but the guy is totally whacked out of his mind. I think I need to get a restraining order.

Seriously, people should not self medicate themselves. He is clearly out of his mind. Later his relatives all went to his house to calm the jerk down.

I said nothing to him and I have not since he came over and yelled profanity at me and I went inside and called the sheriff. I have no interest in engaging him. The sheriff told me he claimed I trespassed in his yard and "Fed" his chickens. I have 40 of my own chickens to feed and sorry but I don't care about his chickens so long as they stay away from mine!

Even if I wanted to go into his yard, it is fenced off so I would have to climb the fence to do it and that just isn't going to happen.

I am starting to think crazy people need to come with a warning label.

The sad thing is that his wife is such a sweet lady and very kind and I feel like I cannot even say hello to her for fear it would set him off and when I see her look over into my yard I don't even go out anymore.

I suspect he is trying to get me to react to his goofy behavior because recently he has taken to driving up and down the dirt road between my property and his if I am out in my chicken run and also he has taken to playing music really loudly if I am in the house - I just shut the windows. I have also noticed he is tossing broken glass bits into my chicken run.

I have no idea why this man is so hateful but it is concerns me in regard to safety.
    aaaaargh

2. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    How old is he? He certainly sounds like he is having some sort of mental break-down, and needs some serious mental health services. The only way for you as a non-family member to start the ball rolling is to call the police and express your concerns about his own safety and that of yours and your neighbor's. They may find grounds to commit him for involuntary treatment if he is really threatning and delusional.

3. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    get a game cam set up and document him throwing glass into your chicken pen. Then report it with proof. They can then take action. Sorry for your situation.

4. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

if they are older you could call the local social service office and talk to an intake worker about a vulnerable adult report.

5. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    If you go with the camera idea, be careful. If you point it at his property, you are committing a crime. If you point it at your property, and happen to catch a bit of his in the periphery, you are probably legal.

A friend was having problems with a neighbor. He pointed a camera down the public street and happened to catch a bit of the neighbor's yard. That was legal. If he had pointed at the neighbor's yard, he would have been invading his privacy.

It definitely sounds like the guy needs medical help. That puts you in a tough spot, whether to talk to his wife about it or report him, either to the police or maybe social services. You don't need that bullying abuse, but his problem makes it hard for you. I would get a report in the works on him and not just let it go. You may need that legal paper trail to protect you legally down the road, let alone maybe getting something in the works that might physically protect you.

Good luck with this one.

6. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Quote:I definately agree with this.

7. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Document, document, document, get a game cam as people said, video your own property or his behavior when you can.

http://www.ksbw.com/trial-of-john-kenney/index.html

This happened three years ago when a couple got into an argument with their delusional neighbor and he came over and shot them both to death. Document, document.

Crazy neighbors are not just a pain in the behind. They can be dangerous.

8. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

Document, document, document, get a game cam as people said, video your own property or his behavior when you can.

Crazy neighbors are not just a pain in the behind. They can be dangerous.

protect yourself invest in the game cam it will be worth more than you know​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by