What’s your favorite breed and sex of chicken

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by max13077, Apr 28, 2008.

1. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

I’m just interested. Mine would have to be my Buffy's.

Also I’ve noticed that chickens seem to be a lot like dogs. There’s a definite correlation between how much time you spend with them when they’re young, and how nice they are when they get older. Any body else see this?

2. M.J

M.J Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Maryland
    they are like dogs
    my favs are my cornishes for the look of them remind me of bull dogs
    and my other favs is a tiny little mix hen named sarah who is so personable she follows me every where and acts like a little lady

3. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I am really not sure who I like best and yes I think you need to spend time with them when little

4. farm_mom

farm_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    MI
    My favorite so far has been my Buff Orpington Rooster named "Mr Doodle." (named by my 4 year old daughter when she was 2). That's him as my avatar. Quite the gentleman, he was.

5. NoelTate

NoelTate Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    My personal favorites have always been cochin bantams and barred rocks. However, over the past couple of years I have really fallen in love with naked necks!
    Now, as far as a favorite individual chicken, mine would be a sad story. When I was a small child, we had chickens. I loved going down to play with the chickens and gather eggs. We had one little red hen that would sit still and let me pet and hold her that I just loved. Luckily, I don't remember it happening, but apparently I went running in the house one day trying to tell them that a hawk had gotten her. Dad still loves to tell the story about how I talked with my hands and how I acted the story out as I told it to them since I was still too small to form complete sentences.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by