What’s going on with my girls voice??

Norcalexplorer

Songster
Sep 3, 2019
Northern California
Hi everyone, on my last thread I couldn’t figure out how to post a video but I figured it out. My 8 week old saxony is sounding like this. New duck mom is worried. Thanks guys.
Here’s a better video of strudels little hoarse pips, if you listen closely it’s like “heh heh heh” Please let me know what it is I could be dealing with.

Last edited:
Oh ok good! None of my other ducks did this so this was new to me. I have a longer clip but then my noisiest little gal came over and all you could hear was her lol!
Haha! Yeah, my ducks to this day (the oldest female is almost 2 years old) make that noise when they get excited. It's so cute! I have a really loud female duck too haha!!

Haha! Yeah, my ducks to this day (the oldest female is almost 2 years old) make that noise when they get excited. It's so cute! I have a really loud female duck too haha!!
Oh and one last question how long does this raspy little quack last? Is she just finding her voice? None of my other ducks did this lol. I’m just glad it’s normal

Hi everyone, on my last thread I couldn’t figure out how to post a video but I figured it out. My 8 week old saxony is sounding like this. New duck mom is worried. Thanks guys.
Here’s a better video of strudels little hoarse pips, if you listen closely it’s like “heh heh heh” Please let me know what it is I could be dealing with.
I hear them chattering. .but I also hear that heh heh sound you were talking about.
It's hard to tell which duck what sound is coming from.
Does she still quack normally as well? I wouldn't worry Unless the heh heh sound is the only sound she can make.

Back
Top Bottom