What’s up with my hen?

Crazyabouthens

Songster
Jun 9, 2021
United Kingdom
Hi. Tonight when I was getting all my chickens in I noticed that one of my rescues, (she’s an ex battery hen I’ve had for nearly 2 years) was standing awkwardly in the middle of the run. I brought her into the coop but she won’t eat nor move about much. I have now put her in a separate coop with some water (she drank lots of it) food, and some grass. I’m going to give her some apple cider vinegar later on. Just wondering if anyone has some suggestions on what might help. Hopefully I have spotted her in time. Thank you.
F8B7BD71-F78A-4D1F-9C86-AE7BE4289894.jpeg
A5F6B760-74D6-4821-89A3-394F5232AF07.jpeg

Inspect her for lice/mites especially around her vent area. Worm her with Valbazen or Safeguard liquid goat wormer. Apple cider vinegar wont do anything for her.
When was the last time she laid an egg?

Inspect her for lice/mites especially around her vent area. Worm her with Valbazen or Safeguard liquid goat wormer. Apple cider vinegar wont do anything for her.
When was the last time she laid an egg?
She is back to her normal self now. She lays an egg about 3 times a week. She has not got lice and they get wormed every 3-5 months. Actually, apple cider vinegar is really beneficial and has helped lots of my other hens.

She is back to her normal self now. She lays an egg about 3 times a week. She has not got lice and they get wormed every 3-5 months. Actually, apple cider vinegar is really beneficial and has helped lots of my other hens.
What do you worm them with? Dont say apple cider vinegar, it wont prevent nor treat worms.

Back
Top Bottom