What’s your favorite breed?

Apr 27, 2021
I just got into chickens, but I have ended up with 8 varieties because I couldn’t stick to just 1 or 2 breeds. I’m wondering what’s your favorite chicken breed and why? Think this can be a fun discussion amongst the newbies and oldies. 😉 I personally have a blue andalusian, 2 black silkies, silver Wyandotte, 2 gold Wyandotte’s, australorp, black star, Jersey giant and brown leghorn. So far I have a good bond with the black star, one of the gold Wyandotte’s and the blue andalusian. However, the brown leghorn is a waking nightmare, wants absolutely nothing to do with me, screeches on top of his/her lungs when I try to pick him/her up. (I added a picture of the brown leghorn, I suspect it’s a male only because of its personality)

Attachments

• A4AFE13C-F7FD-42DB-BCE3-FE2F232B03BC.jpeg
    A4AFE13C-F7FD-42DB-BCE3-FE2F232B03BC.jpeg
    707.1 KB · Views: 12
I just got into chickens, but I have ended up with 8 varieties because I couldn’t stick to just 1 or 2 breeds. I’m wondering what’s your favorite chicken breed and why? Think this can be a fun discussion amongst the newbies and oldies. 😉 I personally have a blue andalusian, 2 black silkies, silver Wyandotte, 2 gold Wyandotte’s, australorp, black star, Jersey giant and brown leghorn. So far I have a good bond with the black star, one of the gold Wyandotte’s and the blue andalusian. However, the brown leghorn is a waking nightmare, wants absolutely nothing to do with me, screeches on top of his/her lungs when I try to pick him/her up. (I added a picture of the brown leghorn, I suspect it’s a male only because of its personality)
My favorite breed is a hybrid...the Easter Egger

I have to add to the Easter Egger club!!! I have had several over the last 15 years and I love them. They all have been sweet, gentle, don’t mind being held, and they lay wonderful colors! The two I have now lay cream, and brown speckled eggs.
Love a good docile chick! 🐥 💜

Back
Top Bottom