What a crazy day!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Ema, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Ema

Ema Songster

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    So I got up this morning without much of a plan on what to do today. Tomorrow is Canada day and I was surely hoping my hubby would be getting paid in advance, Usually his paydate falls on thursdays. I figured if he got paid I would take the kids grocery shopping and to pick up a few things for tomorrow's celebrations. At around 1 p.m I got a phone call from my hubby sayign that because of the holiday his employer was going to deposit his pay today. I got the kids ready and headed out to the bank. After the bank I dropped off coffee for my hubby and then proceeded to head over to walmart to pick up a woody and a buzz stuffed toy the girls were holding for me. Inside the store all went well until I walked out of the store.
    It was packed in there so the parking lot was full of cars. I parked my car closer to an access ditch that leads to a small stream. Pretty much the only parking spot that I could find [​IMG] well as I was pushign my cart towards the van I noticed something moving underneath it by the front wheels. At first I figured it was a cat. My daughter was just happily running to the van when I realized what the animal was...a beaver. A Juvenile beaver at best. I told my daughter to come back to the cart and then as I watched the animal I realized it went up inside the wheel well of my front tire. Well don't you know it...I had the cart boys at walmart helping me for over an hour, the beaver would come down and then run to another tire. After an hour of this the beaver ran into my spare tire space under the van and there was no way we were getting him out. So the guys went back in to work and I was stuck with this thing. I felt terrible but its not liek I could just sit there all day until it decided to come out. I drove down to my husbands work site and told him what happened. him and his coworkers spent another half hour trying to get this thing out. Lets just say they laughed their butts off at me. And in the end they coldn't get it out. So again I drove off to the grocery store, hoping that the thing would come out on its own while the van was parked and I was inside.
    While in the grocery store, as I was picking up some apples a man maybe in his 50's came over to talk to my 6yr old daughter. I didn't think of it at first but then I noticed he was following us around the store, smiling and making faces at my daughter and talkign to her every chance he got. Eventually I told him to bug off and leave my kids alone. But he still followed us around. I've lived in this town for 5 years and never before seen this man. so it was kinda creepy.

Then as we were waiting at the checkout my son decides he has had enough and begins to scream and cry and throw things out of the cart...fast forward 15 minutes of EVERYONE staring at me. Then I walk back to my van and there is the stupid beaver, which I might add CLIMBED back into the bottom fo the car [​IMG] [​IMG]

So I am home now, beenhome for several hours and I still haven't seen the beaver come out....[​IMG]

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Oh my! You poor girl! You did have one heck of a day didn't you [​IMG] I hope your evening is better. [​IMG]

3. Ema

Ema Songster

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    lol..so far the evening went great!! Hubby got off work and took me shopping [​IMG] couldn't find cute shoes but I did find a nice skirt lol

4. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I am glad things are looking up! A new skirt would make me smile too [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: